Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday and a Trip to Chanute

I slept well again last night. I was up at 5:00AM and eating my breakfast and having my coffee and Chai Latte..

Several cats and kittens came for their breakfast early. Some had come last night but certainly not all of them.  I fed them and then brought in the food before the ants got to it.

I will leave for Chanute at 9:30AM. It's a bit further from Caney. I am supposed to meet Gay at Opie's at 11:30AM. I may stop at their Walmart store and their Merle Norman store if I am way too early.

If it doesn't rain, I will have the yard mowed tomorrow. I put the plants back outside this morning and watered them well. They can use the sunshine.

More later...

I left for Chanute at 9:30AM and drove over 65 miles up there for my visit. We had a nice lunch and an even nicer visit.  Gay has offered to drive with me to Scott and Esther's home for a 4 or 5 day visit. I am not sure whether to take her up on that offer or not..She suggested we drive up on a Thursday or  Friday and stay over the weekend and then come back home Monday or Tuesday. I am mulling that over. It would be a two day trip down there and two days back. I would love to see the kids and their new home but am undecided whether that would be a good idea during this pandemic. I will mull it over further.

I had a very good visit with Gay. 

I had a text from Marilyn Rutledge on my way back home from Chanute. They are having game day on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00PM. I told her I intend to be there.  I will perhaps got to breakfast with Bob and then after I take him home, go to my hair appointment. I don't think I will need any groceries since I got some at Walmart in Independence yesterday. But I will go to game day at the senior center in the afternoon.

I watered both pots of flowers. It's 90 degrees out there and they have been out all day in the hot sun.

More even later....

I came in to watch the news at 4:00PM and am still watching the CBS News too. It's nearly 6:00PM now.

I did call Dean, as Gay suggested and sure enough, his computer was down. Rod was working on it as we spoke. He and Rod are still well. I was afraid the silence meant they were sick and perhaps hospitalized. Luckily that was not the case.

I discovered that the county had another case of the virus and told Leslie about it. She chose to shut down church again. We wil plan to open again on July 17th if there are no more cases in our county.

The adjoining county, Labette County, has 24 cases in the nursing home at Chetopa.

I worked on updating my class register until 9:30PM, when I finally went to bed

No comments: