Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday and Laundry

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM. I had my breakfast and fed a bunch of cats. There were three yellow cats, Scruffie and all four of her kittens. I put out the double dish, both blue bowls and a square plastic dish all with cat food.

Scruffie stays close to her kittens to make sure none of the yellow cats come back and run them off and eats their food.  There are plenty of bowls of food but they are very possessive of their food.

I will do laundry today and also vacuum the den and dining room. I will wash my new pjs in lukewarm water and hang them in the shower to dry. If I put them in the dryer, they might shrink. It's 6:05AM right now but I will wait another twenty minutes before I text Bob to see if he is up.

The cats are all finished and gone now so I will get those bowls back in the apartment.

The cats just keep coming. All  the kittens and Scruffie came back with them to make sure none of the yellow cats ran them off this time. After they left the adolescent yellow cat came to eat. Now I believe the one bowl is now empty so I will bring it in.

Our county, Montgomery County, Kansas,  now has 31 cases of the virus and 8 of those are active. People are just not being careful enough. I bought stamps in Coffeyville yesterday and we were required to wear face masks to enter the post office. Then I dropped by the library and we were required to wear face masks there too. I think that is fine. At least we are attempting to protect others.

More later...I had better get the laundry going.

I have the laundry nearly done. I put a few things back in the dryer to get even dryer. As soon as the CBS news is off I will vacuum the den and dining room. It's only a few minutes until then.

 So more even later....

I got the vacuuming done and watched some Amazon Prime TV...and during one program I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up I decided to play a game on the laptop in the den. Anything to stay awake. About 11:30AM the mailman came and then I fixed and ate a Schwans frozen chicken pot pie for my lunch.

Earlier I went back out in the back yard and finished the trimming. Then I watered the plants again and fed Scruffie again too.That cat is still nursing those kittens too and so she eats off and on all day.

I also talked to Nancy on the phone this morning.. She seems better today. Her cousin and his wife are taking her to Bartlesville to see the Neurologist this afternoon  They seem to have convinced her she has dementia...she may have some... but it certainly isn't Alzheimer's Disease. My sister died of that and what Nancy has is nothing like Alzheimer's..I will call her tomorrow noon and see if she is up to having lunch.

I read awhile in my large book and then watered the plant on the patio and deadheaded it. I water those plants outside twice a day to keep them blooming.

I also played a game on the laptop computer for awhile. It is 4:15PM now and I am watching the 4:00PM Channel 6 news.. At 5:30PM I will watch the CBS News and then read awhile on my book. I took my bath around 7:00PM and will read awhile more then go play a game of Freecell on the laptop computer.until time to go to bed.

So more later...

It's nearly bedtime now so I guess I will eat some popcorn and then later go on to bed. I had my nightly banana earlier this evening.

No comments: