Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tuesday and Yard Mowing

I slept well again and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I worked on my "classmates" list... bringing it up to date... until 9:30PM last night when I went on to bed.

I did finally call Dean last evening and sure enough, Gay was right, his computer was down. Rod was working on it as we spoke. They were well... which was what I wanted to know. They live in Topeka and that is a large city with lots of cases.

This morning I have had my breakfast and have fed three cats. Scruffie, as usual was waiting for her breakfast when I opened the front door this morning. Two yellow cats came as soon as they saw me putting out food. Scruffie has finished her breakfast and is just lying on my front entrance walk enjoying the nice morning. It appears the two yellow cats have eaten and just left. None of the kittens have come this morning. They may be sleeping in. :) Scruffie is back for a drink of water now. She is hanging around.

Krystal and one of her daughters will be here this afternoon to mow if the yard is dry by then. I think we had a little rain last night in the middle of the night.

We have food pantry today but I don't need a thing. If Suzanne asks me if I want her to pick up food for me I will tell her I have plenty of food on hand.

Last night I was checking  the case load of the coronavirus in our county and discovered we had another new case. I texted Leslie about it and she sent out a text to the congregation cancelling church for another three weeks. I am so sick of no church.  I prepared letters for those who do not have smart phones and will get them in the mail today. Also, at Chetopa, over in adjoining Labette county, the nursing home has 24 cases. Nursing homes are just breeding grounds for the pandemic.

More later....

I read most of the afternoon and stopped when Krystal and her daughter came to mow. After they got the yard mowed, and left, I started trimming. I got about a third of it done when the battery ran down so I took it out and put it on the charger. It may be tomorrow evening before I get to it if it doesn't get charged in time to do it this evening.

So I went back to working on the list of my classmates....numbering them according to whether they are alive, deceased or lost.

After I finished that, I went back to reading my book. I am now on page 367 out of 505. I may finish it on Thursday.

I am watching the 4:00PM news now.  That will continue until 5:30PM when the CBS news comes on. I checked the battery about 5:45PM and it was charged enough to finish the trimming.. It looks very nice now. I didn't put the battery back on the charger. It still had plenty of charge.

When I came back in, Scruffie was waiting for her dinner and she had two yellow cats with her. So I used the last of my cat food and put it out there for them. As soon as they finish, I will go out to Dollar General and get the five things on my list....including cat food.

It's almost 6:30PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and get ready for bed at 9:00PM

No comments: