Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday and Online Church

I slept well last night but went to bed way too early. I woke up at 4:00AM wide awake. I lay there for 40 minutes and finally just got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day. The only church this morning will be online out of Ontario, Canada. They do a good job but I miss my own congregation..

My life is very boring. I try to stay busy with my housework, laundry and reading but that doesn't take much time living here in a five room apartment. Nancy is constantly sick and there is no one else to visit with anymore. I look forward each week to my trip to Coffeyville to eat breakfast with Bob and my hair appointment and occasionally for a game day at the senior center. I will be so glad when this virus finally plays out...if it ever does. They are predicting a second round of it because so many people do not stay home or even wear face masks in public to protect others.

It is 5:33AM now so I guess I will make my coffee, juice  and oatmeal. Back later....

I had my breakfast and logged on to the notebook just in time for it to tell me there was an error and it would need to reboot. When it rebooted I no longer had access to the router. So, after trying several things I just rebooted again  That worked. I think it's their network. The same thing happened yesterday morning. It took several reboots to get connected then.

I had Scruffie and three of her four kittens here for their breakfast There was a gray one, a yellow one and the black one. The second gray one was the only one missing.

The news is on. I will be back to this later...

About 9:00AM, I went to Independence. I went to the Walmart there to get a new battery for my watch. Then I bought what groceries I needed  and later went to wash my car. After that I went to Walgreens and got my prescription filled. Then I cam home in time to watch the worship service online from the Ontario Canada Community of Christ. The sermon was excellent. In fact the entire worship service was excellent. I watched several episodes of Forensics Files after I finished all that.

I got home in time to cook my lunch, put away my groceries and watch that worship service. While at Walmart I also bought stamps. I wanted to send out the six letters to those of our congregation that are not online to remind them of our return to the 11:00AM service on June 28th. Now if Montgomery County has no new cases of the virus before then, we will resume our 11:00AM service on that morning..Leslie will be in charge and have the sermon that morning

I think it's important to stay in touch with the congregation during this time we are unable to meet together..

More later...

I hope you all have watched 60 Minutes tonight and saw the program about the Tulsa race massacre of 1921. I first learned about that two years ago when I took a bus tour of Tulsa and the Tulsa tour guide told all about it. I was born and raised 70 miles north of Tulsa and had never heard of it before. As they brought out in the program,Tulsa is full of racial problems.,,segregation long after it was against the law to segregate schools. .

I watched some TV this evening and finally turned it off and took my bath and fed the cats and will finish this up and go on to bed. I was up shortly after 4:30AM this morning and am tired. It has been a busy day anyhow. Tomorrow, I will strip my bed, put clean sheets on it and laundry the ones I take off.

So good night this evening..

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I watched about Tulsa on 60 minutes. Eye opener for sure.