Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday and Online Church

I slept well again last night and I wore the brace again. I got up at 5:00AM as usual, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

When I opened the front door this morning only gray Scruffie was there. She has eaten and is gone. None of the other cats have come for their breakfast. Last evening Big Yellow Tom Cat was here having his supper when a small black pickup came by and the man driving let two big black dogs out to chase Big Yellow Tom. Of course, Tom took off as fast as his legs could carry him and ran across the street and into a bush. The pickup driver then picked up his dogs and they left the neighborhood. I THINK Tom got away. At least I didn't see the two dogs tearing at an animal.  I was furious! I wish I could have got his license number. I would have turned him in. I haven't seen Big Yellow Tom yet this morning and he is usually here for breakfast.

Gray Scruffie seldom misses a meal. She is still nursing the four kittens too. She is pretty thin.

More later....

 I know every time of our lives , even the worst of them have their good memories too but I believe this year has been one of the most depressing in ten years. I hate being isolated from my family and friends....but I have dealt with it. I have done a lot of things I usually never have time for.,,,cleaned out drawers, weeded out old stuff from my file cabinet, worked on my flowerbed...lots of stuff like that. I refuse to stay depressed. I even washed windows here at the apartment last week. And I painted my birdhouse.

I just had a nice surprise from my daughter. She is having homemade ice cream on Wednesday, which is her birthday, and she just  texted me and invited me out. She is having some of her co-workers out to celebrate too. She will be 63,..and looks about 43. I am so delighted. I didn't know what plans she and John might have so I hated to try to make any plans with her . That Wednesday will be special!

I will probably have breakfast as usual with Bob and then get my hair done and go to the library and have lunch somewhere and then go to the senior center for Bunco. After that, I will go out to their home for the party. It will be a special day for her and also for me and the others.

More later...

I saw a large black cat come to eat and I didn't have the food out there. I assume that black cat is the father of that little black kitten of Scruffie's. He may be the father of the entire four kitten litter.

Bob texted me this morning to offer to buy me lunch if I wanted to choose a good place to eat.  I suggested Sam's in Independence because I know he really enjoys that place.  I will drive over to his place and we will ride up together. I am to be at his place at 12:15PM. so I will leave here shortly before 12:00Noon. It takes me about 20 minutes to get there.

I have watered my potted plants outside. They are doing well in the sunshine as long as I water them twice a day. As long as it is in the 90's I will need to do that.

More even later...

I watched my Sunday morning programs this morning and also "Face the Nation" with John Dickerson.  It's amazing the flurry of new cases in California, Arizona and Florida ...but especially Texas. Washington State also has had a flurry of new ones. Most of the new cases are kids under 35. They go to the beaches and sit close together without masks and dare the virus to get them...and it is. Whenever I go out to the Dollar General  or Walmart, I wear a mask. In Coffeyville, you cannot go into the post office without one and you can't go into the library without one. That's smart. When I went to the senior center on Wednesday for game day, Janet took everyone's temperature. You couldn't come in without your temperature being taken. That's smart too! Everyone John talked to said it would be wonderful for the President and Vice President to get on board with face masks and show some leadership. The president keeps saying the virus will fade away by itself without a cure. Even his expect on it in Washington says that will not happen. As long as he does those things and says those things, the people who credit him with credibility will use that as an excuse to avoid doing it themselves.

And the President keeps talking about "fake news". There  is no legitimate fake news.  The fake news is on facebook and online and with twitter and that kind of thing. The legitimate news sources are attempting to keep everyone advised  of the truth, I check everything said with politifact.

More later....I will leave in 30 minutes for Coffeyville and lunch with Bob at Sam's in Independence.

Bob and I had a very good lunch at Sam's in Independence.  Afterward when I got back to his apartment, I drove back home and spent the afternoon doing odds and ends.

At 7;00PM I watched the church service from Springfield Missouri. Leslie had a good part in it too and John Wite's sermon was good too .

I haven't seen any cats today or this evening. When I left for Coffeyville to meet Bob, I noticed Scruffie was sitting by my front door hoping for food. But I was leaving for Coffeyville then and figured she would catch me this evening. I check just a couple of minutes ago and there were no cats waiting for supper either. They might be good and hungry by morning,. 

I took my bath at 7:00PM after that was over and got myself ready for bed. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM although I may not be able to sleep. Caney lets the kids do their fireworks for a week and they began last night. They were still shooting stuff off at 11:00PM  last night.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy Birthday to Leslie! I thought about naming Laura Leslie.

Margie's Musings said...

I was going to name Leslie "Karen Lynn" but Bob named her while I was sleeping and named her after the pastor of our church Les Shipley. I was not a happy soldier over that.