Saturday, July 4, 2020

Saturday and Finally Vacuuming

I slept well last night and woke up with a sore arm. I evidently laid on my right side all night long and that was just too much for that shoulder. I took off the brace and turned over on my left side and tucked that sore arm under my pillow. By the time I woke up again, it was fine. I got up at 5:00AM as usual.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my chai now.

I opened my front door at 5:45AM and half a dozen cats and kittens were waiting for their breakfast. Scruffy and three of her kittens and one of the adolescent yellow cats I call Miss Kitty were there waiting for me to bring it out. Scruffy just got a little food before her kittens crowded her out. She is patiently waiting for them to finish so she can eat some more. I took the double dish and two green dishes out so there is plenty for them all.

I never did get the dining room and den vacuumed this week. I will do that after the CBS news goes off at 8:00AM. It's only 5:55AM now and I am waiting for the 6:00AM CBS news to come on.

More later....

I needed four things from the Dollar General store so I went out there before I  began my cleaning and learned right away that not much has changed in the face mask department. We are supposed to wear a face mask every time we go outside or in a store. In fact there was a sign right there by the door that customers were supposed to be wearing face  masks now...governor's orders.There were about dozen customers in that store and I was the only one wearing a face mask.  That is so disgusting. They weren't even trying to enforce their sign. I got my groceries, paid for them and left.

More later...I still have a vacuum....

I got the vacuuming done and also started a new book.  It's another mystery.  More later....

I stayed up until 9:15PM but finally had to just give up and go to bed. I had finished my latest book anyhow and there was nothing on TV. 

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

A while back there was a shooting of a dollar store clerk who was trying to get a customer to put on a mask, so no one at those stores is going to try and persuade any customers to wear a mask after that, too dangerous. My husband has been doing the grocery shopping lately. Some of the grocery stores around here have a lot of people not wearing masks, so he doesn't go to those particular stores. It is interesting to me that stores in some areas most of the customers wear masks, yet 6 or 7 miles away almost none of the customers are wearing masks. It's the same grocery store chain , just different locations.

I just don't understand this thing where people absolutely refuse to wear a mask. And it is goofy that some of those same people get angry about other people wearing a mask. It seems that mask wearing, or not, has become a political statement.I have never seen so much discord in our country about just about everything. I suppose everyone is just under too much stress.

Margie's Musings said...

You're right.Susie. I have had people glare at me for wearing my mask. But at my age, I know I should wear one. I am at the most vulnerable age although I have no underlying health problems.