Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tuesday and Possible Rain

I slept well last night again and got up about 5:00AM and dressed and fixed my breakfast.  I have had my oatmeal and coffee and even fed Scruffie and three of her kittens. One of the yellow ones, a gray one and the black one came with Scruffie. They finished and went back across the street.

Big Yellow Tom Cat came back for breakfast after they left. I am glad those black dogs didn't catch him but he must not have eaten in the past three days because he cleaned up all the leftover cat food. He is gone now too.

I don't have a plan for today. Maybe I will call Nancy later after she wakes up and see if she is up for company.

I sent out four birthday cards yesterday to members of the church. Rick, Leslie, Chato and Johnna all have birthdays this week. I miss seeing everyone at church. We haven't had real church since April.

More later...

I watched the CBS news this morning. 

I fixed that cashew chicken I got from Schwan's months ago and had frozen all this time. It was alright but I much prefer Great China's.  I ate half of it and saved half of it for Thursday. I also watered the two plants out there. I don't know whether we will get that rain or not. It really doesn't look like it. I did go out and sweep off the walk.

I was supposed to get Leslie's birthday gift in the mail today but it didn't come. Her birthday is tomorrow so maybe it will get here before I go out to their house tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is my usual breakfast with Bob, my hair appointment and Bunco at the senior center. I will also drop by their library and return the book I borrowed there last week. I had already read that one and just didn't remember the title.

I started a new book this morning.  It is another John Grisham book and they are usually pretty good reading and am not particularly impressed thus far. It is called "Fetching Raymond: A Story from the Ford County".. I finished the book this evening. It turned out better then I thought.

I sent out a devotional ailing this afternoon. I always thing it's good to stay in touch with the congregation. A devotional is a good way to do that.

Tomorrow is my daughter Leslie's 63rd birthday. She will make homemade ice cream and I intend to go to that and wear my mask. Her friends will go swimming in their pool. I will stay out of that.  Although if it's nice I will sit outside. That's safer. When I go out of my apartment, I wear a mask. I will take my brother-in-law to breakfast tomorrow morning, go to the beauty shop, take a book back to the library there and afterward go to Bunco at the senior center tomorrow afternoon. Janet takes our temperature when we go in the senior center and we wear face masks.

I took my bath after 6:00PM and will try to stay awake until my regular bedtime.

At about 6:30PM, I ate my nightly banana and a breakfast bar. That should hold me until breakfast.

So far today we have not had rain.

No comments: