Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sunday and a Strange Night

Last night was a strange night. I couldn't stay asleep. I kept waking up and when I would go to the bathroom, I would be very dizzy and have to be careful not to fall.

Finally about 5:00AM, I just gave up and got up. When I tried to make my bed I noticed I was still dizzy and light headed. But I got it done. The symptoms were so strange that I took my blood pressure thinking that might be why I was so light headed and dizzy.

My blood pressure stays about 122/66 and my heart rate about 60  but this morning it was 167/80 and the heart rate was 81. Weird...I don't know if the lack of sleep could cause that or if the higher blood pressure could cause the lack of sleep.  That has never happened before. Anyhow I took it again after I had my breakfast and coffee and it was more normal...128/64 and the heart rate was 69. Very strange.

Anyhow, it appears to be more normal now. And I feel more like myself now. I guess when you are 84, strange things happen. I just have such good health generally that this incident was really strange.

Bob called me last night and asked me to pick up the cakes on Tuesday and take them to Independence to the First Christian Church for him. He has a doctor's appointment to work out the schedule for the physical therapy his heart doctor and his GP want him to take. So I will do that on Tuesday. I baked my cake yesterday afternoon and froze it. So that is done. I still need to organize my car's trunk so I will have room for the four cakes.

More later.. I need to get dressed so I can feed the cats/kittens..

It's 6:25AM and I got dressed and looked outside but so far no cats are out there. Strange.....

The cats finally showed up...all five of them. I took food out to them and they ate and left. I brought the bowls back in. They tend to draw ants and I don't need ants.

I went in and worked on the computer after I finished watching my regular Sunday morning program. For one thing, I re-did my budget. Some things have changed.

It is a little after 9:30AM now and I feel perfectly normal again. ...whatever that is.

At 11:00AM I will watch the church service from Toronto, Canada. That's still a ways off.

So, More later...

I watched the church service ad then made a quick trip to the Dollar General Store and bought the six things I needed. Then I came back home in time for Krystal's daughter and her stepfather, John, to get here and she began mowing.

When she finished mowing, John dumped the black grass bag into the trash container for me and the daughter swept up the mess and I paid her the $25.00 for mowing. I had blown out the garage before they came to get grass, etc. cleaned up. I am glad to get the mowing done since we are forecast for more rain this week.

I watched another episode of Dr. G's more spectacular noted cases. These are cases another medical examiner did but she reports on their findings.

Then I came back in the den to finish working on this blog. It is now 3:35PM I will play some FreeCell until time to watch 60 Minutes.

So more later...

I haven't seen any cats or kittens for supper. Sometimes they don't come for supper.... especially if it's hot.

It's almost time for 60 Minutes. It is 5:55PM. I will watch that and then take my bath and get my pjs on. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get it checked out mom.

pat m said...

Hypoglycemia? Dehydration?

Margie's Musings said...

No, I had had plenty of water. I don't know what it was. But it's gone now.