Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday and Cake Deliveries

I slept well again last night without Melatonin. I am happy to be able to get to sleep without any type of medication.

I got up about 5:00AM, dressed and had my breakfast.  I opened the front door to find several cats/kittens waiting for their breakfast too. I took it out through the garage. They are all eating now although I don't see Scruffie yet.

I will go over to Coffeyville later this morning and pick up Bob and Karan's cakes at Karan's house and also go by Phyllis' to get hers. Then I will go up to Independence to the First Christian Church using CR 3900 since they are finished with the repairs on it...finally.

There is so much road work going on all this last year. If the government would do some of it from time to time, it would not be such a huge job for them to try to catch up all of it every twenty years. I hope the rain will hold off until I get the cakes delivered.

The problem with the roads is semi trucks. They are so heavy they constantly tear up the roads. Ordinary cars and pick ups do not do that kind of damage.

Scott said in Germany they are still using the same roads Hitler had built to accommodate the heavy war equipment back in the 1940s. They are 12 inches thick instead of six/eight inches. They can accommodate the heavy equipment.

More later....

I had a hard time getting the desktop computer connected to the internet. I had to reboot three times. It has a hard time finding the router from time to time. We had a storm last night and that may have been part of the problem  but the other two computers didn't lose the signal. The laptop however is connected through a USB. The notebook is in the dining room and closer to the router. But I am not impressed with their router. My old one that I had in Coffeyville was clear at the other end of my apartment and I never had any trouble getting connected. Cox's IT had me throw that one away. They said it was obsolete. Baloney!  It worked.

I went out and brought in the extra dishes and just left the double dish out there for Scruffie if she ever comes to eat. She looks very fat...or pregnant...I have no idea which but I figure when she delivers...if that is a pregnancy...it will be awhile before she can get away to come eat.

I stayed up late last night reading my latest book.

More later...

I got the cakes picked up at Coffeyville and took them to Independence to the First Christian Church. It was good to see Barbara again. She's the secretary there.

I read awhile this afternoon in my new book and then went out to Dollar General to get two things I really needed. One was milk and the other was another cake mix. It will be two weeks before I need the other cake mix but I went ahead and bought it while I was there. I figured I might forget I was out of them in two weeks.

It's 2:10PM now. I called Nancy awhile ago at 1:25PM but she didn't answer. I started to go by but I did that yesterday and she was in the bath when I rang the doorbell. So I didn't trouble her again. I am trying to talk myself out of going to Mr. G's and buying a flurry. They are loaded with calories. I just lost a little weight and I sure don't want to put it back on.

More later...

I read all afternoon in my latest book. Then the news came on so I turned it on and put down the book.

Scruffie finally came for supper and she is just as fat (pregnant?) as ever. I don't know where she was this morning.

They are promoting a new children's book called "The Wonky Donkey". I may buy that for Jerod's daughter's first birthday. I wonder if I can get it on Amazon. Her birthday is the 18th of this month

Yes, I can. I ordered it.

I read some of the evening and then watched a couple of episodes of Forensic Files and popped some popcorn. Then I took my bath and am just filling time with this until I decide to go to bed. It's almost 9:30PM. so I guess I will go to bed.


No comments: