Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday and Finish Cleaning

I slept well again last night and without Melatonin too. I got up at 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day. Then I had my breakfast and coffee and looked out to see how many cats/kittens were out there. There were only two. Both were yellow cats...well, one was the yellow kitten. I don't know where the others are..Scruffie and the black kitten and Big Yellow Tom. Maybe they will be along later.

I will vacuum the dining room today and dust too. That will finish my cleaning for the week. Right now I am just having my coffee and will after this I will have my Chai.

More later....
I have been having a terrible time connecting to the internet with this desktop computer. I have had problems ever since I moved here with the desktops I have had. They seem to have problems finding the router in the living room. I wonder if I could get a router of my own that would work on it in here or if I could use a USB like I have to do with the laptop.  I really need the desktop computer because it is the one connected to the printer. I will ask Leslie about that...or Cox Complete Care.

I had Cox Complete Care make my desktop computer printer share with the laptop computer in the den. That way if I have problems with the desktop I can use the laptop to print as long as I have some sort of signal to the desktop. Also had her download Zoom on the laptop too. I may need it if I lose the signal on the desktop computer again.

More later...

Dean is coming for a visit September 24th and staying until September 26th when he will go back home to be with Rod, his paralyzed son. It will be good to see Dean again. He is the classmate that began our 1953 Class newsletter back in the late 50's. Four of us have done it. He had it for 15 years and a classmate from Oklahoma City had it for 15 years and one from Missouri had it for 15 years. This will be my 22nd year doing it. He wants to see John and Leslie's Cowboy Corgi puppies while he is here too. He loves dogs and cats.

More later... I want to see if I still have a signal on the desktop computer.

So far, so good. I still have a signal.

Here's the latest Montgomery County Kansas count on the virus.
 
 So far all have recovered except those 5. But we continue to get new cases.

I still have the dusting to do but everything else is clean. I will do that this afternoon.

So far the router is holding my signal. It may be that all I needed to do all along was to pull the router out in front of that large screen TV.

I watched some Amazon Prime TV before eating my lunch. Now I will play some FreeCell. Anything to pass some time.

More later..

I went over to Nancy's this afternoon  and to get out of the house we took a drive in the country. That was so nice! Dean will be here in a couple of weeks and Nancy wants to go with us to see the puppies. I think that can be worked out just fine.

David, her son and his wife and family will be here tomorrow to visit her for two weeks. I just hope he doesn't try to talk her into going into a nursing home again. She is determined to be in her own home.

I will read for a couple of hours and try to finish the book I have started on my Kindle. It':s 7:30PM and I have had my bath already. I will try to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual,

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

In the winter 2019 my Dad decided he needed to be in a nursing home. He was 91 years old at the time. He was there for three days and decided he couldn't stand it and came back to his own home. He came home and lived about another 3 months at home but fell and had to be hospitalized. His kidneys and heart were failing, so he was very weak. He then went into hospice care, he was only there a few days before passing away toward the end of February 2020. It was about a month before the Covid Virus started getting well known around here. I would not put a family member into a nursing home in these Covid times unless they weren't at all mobile and absolutely no other alternative could be found.

Margie's Musings said...

Susie, that's just my feeling too. I am 84 and will be 85 in December. I told my kids I wanted to stay alone and would not be put into a nursing home. That would drive me crazy. If worse came to worse, I would move in with one of my kids but I would hate to disturb any of their lives. If they tried to put me in a nursing home, I would take my laptop computer and drive my little red car into the sunset and they would never see me again.

They know I mean it. My great aunt Margie lived to be 104 and just died in 2005. She was my grandmother's younger sister.I have no health problems and could probably live that long too. I am very independent.

Margie's Musings said...

By the way, I am so sorry for the loss of your father, Susie. I know you grieve for him.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Margie,
Thank you. I was grieving and down in the dumps until about the middle of May. It took me a while to kind of snap out of it. On Mother's Day my daughter announced that she was pregnant. It will be our second grandchild. It was a wonderful surprise. My grandson, who is 10 now, is excited about being a big brother. His baby sister is due in early January. The baby's middle name will be my Dad's mother's name.