Friday, September 18, 2020

Friday and a Real Mess

 I have had a cricket chirping for several days in my den. I will be sleeping in there on the daybed while Dean is here next week so I needed to find the little noisy critter and either kill it or put it outside. So, after I had my breakfast I took that daybed apart looking for it. I spent an exhausting hour looking for it and never did find it. Amazing..I took all the bedding off it and pulled it out from the wall and pulled the trundle out and took it apart too. But I never did find the cricket. It chirped the entire time I was looking for it but I could not find it. Of course, it took me twice as long to put that daybed back together and the bedding back on it ....all for nothing. Needless to say I am exhausted.

I slept well last night and I have had my breakfast and have really broken a terrible sweat with that mess ...all for nothing.

I took enough time out to put the food out for the cats/kittens. I will need to go out to Dollar General and get some more cat food today. And if it is ready enough I will need to have the yard mowed sometime this weekend. I will need to get some money out there for that too. For $1.00, I can get some cash for the mower who mows for me.

At 10:00 tomorrow morning I want to go downtown and celebrate with the Rudy and Kathy their 50th anniversary of the year they bought the Montgomery County Chronicle . They have a couple more weekly newspapers too...I assume they still have them. One is headquartered over at Sedan. I believe it is called the Sedan Times Star.

I will need to be back here at 11:00AM tomorrow in time for the practice of Sunday night's virtual church service. I hope I can get that done in time.

More later...

I got the apartment all dusted with furniture polished dusters. Everything shines now. I did it all during commercials. It's 9:00AM now and the reception is at 10:00AM tomorrow. Now, I have a while to watch the CBS news.

More even later...

It's 11:20 now and the mail may have come. I will go check. and be back later.

There was no mail yet. I fixed myself some lunch and ate while I waited for the mail to come. I am also watching a Dateline episode.

More later....

One of you reading my blogs asked me several weeks ago on September 16th to tell you what I thought of Bob Woodward's new book about the Trump administration.  "Rage"... I read the first four chapters this afternoon and I have to say it is extremely well written but it puts fear in my heart. I suggest each of you who asked me about the book, find/get a copy of it and read it. It will prepare you for the elections in November. You will either decide to vote for Trump or decide once and for all NOT to vote for Trump.

Trump began the interviews by telling Woodward "I bring Rage out. I do bring rage out. I always have. I don't know if that's an asset or a liability, but whatever it is, I do."

He was so right about that.

Before he was inaugurated Trump was told by two very knowledgeable men when they were discussing the national security threats,  that the biggest national security threat of his presidency would be the coronavirus. Robert O'Brien, the national security adviser was the first to tell him that. 

Matt Pottingen, the deputy national security adviser also warned Trump about that. Pottinger had lived in China seven years and he was authoritative and carried great weight. A china scholar, he spoke fluent Mandarin. He had been a Wall Street Journal reporter there during the SARS outbreak. He was a highly decorated former Marine intelligence officer and coauthored an influential report about the inadequacies of the U.S. intelligence agencies. The Journal had submitted his work for a Pulitzer Prize.

Trump asked if this was going to be as bad as the SARS epidemic and the expert told him not to think about SARS, but to think about the 1918 influenza pandemic which had killed 50 million people worldwide..675,000 of them here in America.

Trump thought they had pretty much shut it down. 

I have to take a rest from reading it and cogitate about what I have read.

More later...Dan Coats, a "born" again Christian was asked to be director of National Intelligence.  It was a hard decision to make because he knew Trump was not a Christian,  But he and his wife prayed about it and decided that God had called Coats to take the job and meet the challenge for the sake of the country.  The "Access Hollywood" tape Coats saw earlier in the Trump campaign with the lewd comments about women almost made him leery of taking the job. And he considered the comments "inappropriate and disgusting". That made the decision even harder.  Pence, the vice president to be was also a "born again" Christian and he had talked to Coats about taking on the job.

These remarks may make you decide to read the book for itself...and this is just in the first four chapters. They also include the nominations of Tillerson and General Mattis.

I guess I will eat my banana since that is my supper.  And I haven't heard any more from the cricket. I am hoping I may have accidentally killed it in all my probing with the handle of my mop. But I didn't think so since I had never seen it...only heard it.

More 

I am watching the CBS news now. That's always a challenge because one never knows what outrageous thing Trump will do or say now. It is 5:50PM now. I will plan to take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed at 9:00PM.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey what ever happened to Missy? I can’t remember