Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday and Cakes in Independence

I got up at 5:00 as usual and have, dressed and had my  breakfast and coffee and am now working on my chai. At 6:00 when I opened the front door it wasn't long until five cats showed up for breakfast. Scruffie  ran off one of the yellow cats when she had eaten all the food in her bowl and then she started in on his.

I took another bowl out for him. She was really grouchy this morning. She must have been extra hungry. I don't believe she showed up for supper last night. That might have been the problem.

At 8:30  this morning I will leave for Coffeyville to pick up the other three cakes. Mine is in the freezer here. I will take them all to Independence to the First Christian Church for their dinner this evening. I believe it's a pick up dinner since we are still in the throes of the Coronavirus.  They are avoiding crowds.

After that, I will pick up my prescription for my thyroid med at Walgreens. Then I will have lunch at Big Cheese. I am going out to Walmart there to get my groceries before I come back home.

By then it will be afternoon and I will probably read in my latest "free read" book from Amazon. I have ordered the Kindle edition of Bob Woodward's new book, "Rage". I got it for $14.95. I am not sure when it will be officially released.

More later...

I left at 8:20AM and drove over to Coffeyville to the bank first to get some money. Then I went to Bob's to pick up his and Karan's cakes. From there I went to Phyllis' to get hers and then on to Independence. There I delivered the cakes at the church and then went on to Big Cheese where I sat in the car to wait for them to open...and I read my Kindle. When they opened I got my personal pan Pizza, afterward went out to their Dollar General Store and got my bubble bath and then on to Walmart to get my groceries. I saw Jan Elias there and she recognized me before I recognized her. She is still so pretty. She wanted a hug and she is so neat that I couldn't even think of refusing her....facemask and all.  

I bought nearly $50. worth of groceries. And I got back home shortly after 1:00PM. I got an awful lot done.

More later...

I read most of the afternoon and also watered the flowers. I fixed some popcorn for something for dinner.

I started to watch "The President and the People" but it turned out to be a monologue. Trump wouldn't let the moderator even speak and he never stopped talking long enough even for "the people".


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Tell us about the book, “Rage”.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't have it yet. I do have several others but I don't believe "Rage" is released yet. I have ordered it but I don't have it yet. It will be on my KIndle.

I do have "Fear", Bob Woodward's other book.

pat m said...

I got rage today on my fire tablet

Margie's Musings said...

I don't have "Rage" yet so I will contact Amazon today about it. I have paid for it. Pat, thanks for letting me know it is out.