Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thursday and House Cleaning

 I slept pretty well last night and was up early as usual. I dressed and had my breakfast and coffee and even my chai before I fed the cats/kittens. They were there in force..as usual.

This is the day I clean. I do that during the commercials on Channel 6 and sometimes if they are repeating the same news over and over again, I clean during their programming...like now. 

CBS news is starting now so I will get back to this after awhile. 

I left the desktop computer and am in the recliner in the living room watching the CBS news and have the notebook on my lap here. After they start repeating the same news for the next hours audience, I will vacuum the dining room. That's all I lack except for the dusting.

The president, who is no scientist, and who made terrible grades in college, rejects all the scientist's reports of when the pandemic will be over and even the value of masks. The president is mistaken. He is even having another open and packed rally in Wisconsin tonight.

And Barr is just as bad. He says only about a dozen black people were killed by police last year..when over 250 were killed.

More later...

I will be so glad when this election is over and will be absolutely heartsick if the president is re-elected.

I got all the vacuuming and mopping finished and now only have the dusting to do. If I don't get that done today I will do it in the morning. 

I want to go to the reception at 10:00AM tomorrow at the community room downtown. Rudy and Kathy Taylor are celebrating 50 years of owning and publishing the Montgomery County Chronicle..our local weekly newspaper. It has four times as much news as either the Reporter from Independence or the Journal from Coffeyville. Their son, Andy, is the editor now. 

I have a practice of Sunday's morning's worship service at 11:00AM tomorrow morning so I will need to get right back for that. I have the oblation remarks at that virtual Zoom service on Sunday.

I heard from one of my classmates that the husband of the classmate that died two weeks ago, died himself of Coronavirus this week. He was in a nursing facility with Alzheimer's disease. Nursing facilities are death traps during a pandemic...in my opinion. 

I walked up to the post office (eight blocks there and back) to mail a letter and could really tell I had been sitting around since February. I need to do that more often if I am going to stay mobile.

I have played FreeCell since I got back from the post office. It's just about time for the news so I will move into the living room and turn on the TV again.

More later...

I read some more and then watched some recorded programs on TV. I even put on Amazon Prime and watched some 48 hours there .

At 9:00PM, I went on to bed.




2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I believe I understood Barr to have said something to the effect that other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, it was the greatest intrusion upon our civil liberties in American history. He was talking about earlier this year when many of us were self isolating at home as much as possible, with options of going to grocery store when needed or pharmacy, or to even visit friends if we kept our distance, I don't know what history books he has read, but what we were experiencing here as we were taking steps to mitigate the pandemic, was absolutely nothing like the lives that slaves led. Does anyone remember people being threatened with beatings with a whip or worse if they left their homes. I would have rewound the tv to check if that is actually what I really heard him say, but I did not think I could stand to hear one more word out of his mouth. He angers me.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Susie. He disgusts me too. Everyone connected with the Trump administration is either brainwashed or politically influenced. I always remember Pence's opinions of Trump when he was only a candidate and how much they changed when he was chosen to be Vice President. I don't know how he stands himself.