Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wednesday and Breakfast in Coffeyville Again

 

 I slept fairly well last night. I woke up around 4:00AM and really didn't get back to sleep until 5:00AM when I just got up. I had my coffee and even some oatmeal. It will be awhile until Bob and I go to breakfast and since all I had had for a supper was popcorn. Besides no one gets fat over breakfast. It's what we eat after 4:00PM and snack on that puts on the weight. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

I will pick up Bob at 7:00AM this morning and we will go to Eggberts there in Coffeyville for our breakfast. I will go out to Woodshed and buy gas but I won't need to go to Walmart since I went there when I went to Independence yesterday with the cakes.

I will get my hair done at 9:30AM and pick up my blood pressure med at the Medicine Shoppe there in Coffeyville.

When I get back to Caney, I will stop at Sonic and have their Wacky Pack child's lunch for $2.18. Then for supper, I will just have a banana.

I may read this afternoon and try to get through this latest "free book" from Amazon. It is interesting but kind of science fiction.

More later...I have fed four cats/kittens this morning and all but one of them are gone now. I want to get the food in before the ants find it.

More later...

I left at 6:30AM to pick up Bob for breakfast. We went to Eggberts for a light breakfast and a visit

I went out to Wash World and washed my car, dropped by Karan's to leave newspapers for the animal shelter, and stopped at their Dollar General for paper towels to dry off my car. 

Just as I was getting ready to go to the beauty shop, Toni called me to say her mother-in-law had developed the virus. She had not been around her when she had any symptoms but had taken some stuff over to her garage sale last week. She didn't know whether I would be comfortable having her do my hair this morning or not. I was already over there and just at the corner where her shop was located so I told her I would wear my face mask and have her wear hers and have her do it this time. That's what we did. She wore her face mask and I wore mine. I am hoping she was not exposed. If she develops the virus for some reason I will do my own hair for awhile in the shower. She is not sure whether her mother in law had the virus then or not. She had no symptoms then and none until yesterday. Now the mother in law has lost her sense of taste and smell.

The mother in law and her husband are quarantined now. 

We will just wait and see.

I have started my laundry now. When it is finished washing I will put it in the dryer.

More later...

I got the laundry done, folded and put away. I fed the cats that congregated for lunch. I went out to Sonic just as I planned. After all where can you get a lunch for $2.18.

I did get hold of Amazon and they downloaded the book I didn't get on my Kindle and only on my phone.

I finished the book had been reading on my Kindle. It was called "The Enigma Cube". It was kind of science fiction but entertaining. It was written by Douglas Richards. If you like science fiction, you will enjoy that book. Now next I will read "Rage" by Bob Woodward. I will not start it before Saturday though. Tomorrow I will be vacuuming the apartment and mopping the floors.  Friday I plan to dust again.

It is 4:20PM now. I am watching the channel 6 news.

Now I am watching the Country Music awards.  They are being held in Nashville for the first time. They are done without an audience this time.

 Image may contain: cat

These little fellows are making a place for themselves on my mat at the front door.

It's nearly 7:00PM so I will go take my bath.

2 comments:

Annsterw said...

Definitely stay safe first and foremost! Glad you both wore your masks - you are much braver then me. Hugs

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Annsterw. I will! And you stay safe too!