Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday and Finishing Cleaning

 I slept very well again last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have had my breakfast and coffee and am working on my Chai.

I looked out a little bit ago and saw Scruffie waiting for her breakfast so I got all the dishes and went to the garage and filled the dishes. As soon as I got the dishes out there, the rest of the four cats joined her. Scruffie is a mottled grey cat and there are two yellow cats and one black cat I call Inky. I also keep fresh water out there and they always drink that too.

Usually the yellow cat and it's black sibling lie on the doormat out there most of the day.

Scott called me this morning and we visited awhile. He is still hoping we can get together for Christmas. Since we are in the first of the third wave, we may not be able to do that. But I am hoping we can. I would like to see the family and also Ginger and Scott's new home. John would have to drive it and that would be an ordeal, I know. We may need to skip a Christmas get together for at least this year and perhaps even Thanksgiving. I had planned to go to John and Leslie's for Thanksgiving but they may not be through the coronavirus by then. I don't know how long that will last.

I seriously doubt that I have the virus. John left Leslie and me at the restaurant to go to his meeting with the idiot that gave him the virus.

But at the time I decided to have the test, we were not sure where John got it but he suspected it was that guy and later called him to find out if he knew he was a carrier. The guy told him his wife had been sick with it for five days. So, he was a carrier and infected John and John later infected Leslie.

Luckily they have a light case of it. Both just had a cough. They are feeling better every day.

I had no symptoms and that is why I am having to wait five days (not counting weekends) for the results. I had my test last Saturday and they didn't even send it to the lab until Monday. It will probably be next Monday until I hear the results.

I got the rest of my vacuuming finished this morning. All I have to do now is dust everything. I will get that done sometime today.

Now for the rest of the CBS news. More later...It's 8:25AM. 

I texted John and Leslie this morning and asked them how they were doing. Leslie said she was fine now. John said he still had low energy. Evidently that's the worst of their experience. Thank God!

I will check with the clinic later this morning if I don't hear from them. I don't think I have anything to worry about. I feel fine. 

More later..

I did call the clinic and they checked and my results were in. I was negative.

I was really glad I didn't have to worry about that.

I put on my face mask and went out to Dollar General and bought enough to fill my one shoe box. I papered it with green gift wrap paper and filled it with goodies for a girl. I even put pink tissue paper inside it. Johnna will pick them up at the church on Sunday. She will take them to the First Baptist Church in Independence. Karan is doing two and Leslie is doing two and I did one. I only had one shoe box.

At 6:15PM, I took my bath and got ready for bed. After I finish this I will read until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

As it turned out, I stayed up until 10:00PM and finished the book. Now I will have to see if I can get another one.

 

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m hoping you’ll be clear.

Donna. W said...

I'm getting tested today. I don't think I have covid, but I have a sore throat, and I'd hate to keep going to church, etc., if I have it or if I'm a carrier. We are starting to re-think having Thanksgiving, although we can social distance pretty well in the shop; The people who will be here are folks we see fairly regularly anyhow. Haven't decided about that yet, but we are watching closely.

Margie's Musings said...

I got my test results and I was negative.!!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

What good news! I am glad that you are negative. What a relief for you and your family. We have decided we won't be doing Thanksgiving with my daughter and family. We have to get in touch with my son, who is finally stationed here in the USA again, but will often have to deploy out of country, to make sure he knows we are not getting together for Thanksgiving this year, just in case he is thinking of coming home for the holiday. I don't think it will be good for us by Christmas either. Isn't that a heck of a note, that when he is finally back in the USA, we still can't get together because of this awful virus. With having asthma, and diabetes, I don't know how I would do with Covid. Probably not too good. He is staying in the Air Force at least until he can retire with full benefits. He's been in 17 years, and has 3 to go.

Galla Creek said...

Margie, so glad you were negative.