Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

 I slept very well last night even though I went to bed very early...before 9:00PM. It's only 5:00AM now and I am not yet dressed. That's the first order of the day....then breakfast.

Later in the morning I will wash the bare floors and vacuum the carpets during commercials.

So more later... 

It's 6:15AM and I have had my breakfast and coffee and even a breakfast bar but I haven't yet looked out to see if the cats are waiting for their breakfast. I will be surprised if they aren't there. 

Sure enough..there were four out there. They always scatter when I raise the garage door. But they come back when I leave their food. They aren't crazy about their new food but that's what they are getting so if they want to eat at all, they have to eat what there is out there. The little black cat I call "Inky" is not so fussy. He/she eats whatever there is out there.

I have been having trouble with my dry eyes the past two days. I may have to get some better meds for that, I have been using whatever  is cheapest but that is not working. It took me an hour yesterday morning to get the contact to seat correctly. I had to keep adding eye drops. That's what is happening today too. I think Roger had told me to get Sustain. I will look for that the next time I am out. And I may have to break down and get some glasses again. I could wear them in the evening.

I had had problems getting my November contact to seat so I had gone back to the October one I had kept just in case of an emergency. That one would not seat and I was continuing having to put more drops in my right eye. I just went back in the bathroom and put the November contact in and it immediately seated. So I won't need to put any more drops in that eye. Wonderful! That can't be good for my eye.

Scruffie is staying outside the door on the doormat although the two kittens have eaten and gone back across the street to the neighbor's garage. She seems to be guarding the cat food. We will see.

The CBS news will be on in another 25 minutes and I will want to watch that.

I worked in the yard again this afternoon while it was pretty outside and never did get to the housework.  I may still be able to get it done before supper. Or I may wait until tomorrow. I have nothing to do tomorrow anyhow. I usually just dust everything on Friday.

I got the  mopping done anyhow. All I need to do now is run the vacuum sweeper.  I will start in the bedroom, den and halls as usual.

I had a nice visit with Carla Lewis.  She loves working in the yard too. The little girls who mow for me will mow for her tomorrow evening. It's mostly leaves she wants to get rid of. I mowed some of mine this afternoon but couldn't finish. I had a full bag of leaves when I dumped them out. Maybe I can finish the front tomorrow after the yard gets dry. It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday.

Later...

I got everything vacuumed except the dining room and living room and I emptied the canister and washed it out and washed the filters too. The filters need to dry overnight so I will do the last two rooms tomorrow and dust after I get the vacuum sweeper put back together again. Then that job will be done for another week. I don't know where all that dirt comes from. I usually take my shoes off when I come into the apartment and wear just my slippers.

More even later... I have been playing some FreeCell on the Dell laptop. I should buy a new battery for that laptop then I could use it in the living room on my lap. I tried to print off the newsletters for the congregation from the Dell this afternoon but it needs a new driver for the printer. I used the desktop computer Keith gave me. It prints with that old printer.

More later on...

I will watch the CBS news at 5:30PM and after that I will take my bath and get ready for bed but won't go to bed until 9:00PM. I will read in my new Amazon free book. 

 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I use Systane Ultra Dry Eye Relief eye drops. They help my dry eyes a lot. I am 66 years old and at the beginning of December I have to have a cataract removed from one eye. The eye surgeon said it is fairly large and dark brown. I always thought cataracts were light colored. I have to have the cataract removed so the retina surgeon can repair a macular hole in that eye. I am not too worried about getting the cataract surgery, but that macular hole repair surgery has me somewhat nervous. I didn't notice I wasn't seeing center vision out of my right eye, until one day I had my good eye closed and realized I couldn't see out of the right eye. My good eye was doing the work of both eyes.

Margie's Musings said...

Gosh, Susie, that sounds complicated. I will have you in my prayers that the surgeries are successful!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Thank you for your prayers that my eye surgeries will be successful.