Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tuesday and a Surprise

I awoke shortly before 5:00AM and evidently had my sleep out. I had gone to bed very early for me...even before 9:00PM. I had worked hard on the yard yesterday and was very tired. I was very surprised when I checked my bank account to find that my social security had come in one day early. It always comes in on the second Wednesday of the month but today is only Tuesday and there it was! I was pretty low on cash anyhow so it was a welcome surprise. Tomorrow is Veterans Day and that must be the reason for the early social security payment.

I want to try to clean up the rest of the leaves along the fence in the back yard today. I may do some mowing or at least some raking in the front yard too. It is such a mess! Since I am stuck at home while I wait for the results of my coronavirus test, I may as well do that sort of thing. The apartment is clean and the laundry is all caught up. I have a book to read and lots of Amazon Prime to watch but sitting around is really not my thing. I need the exercise.

I texted Leslie last evening to see how John was doing and she said he was still not 100%. Poor guy! He evidently is not letting the virus get him down. He is getting on with his life delivering his product. As long as he doesn't come into contact with anyone but the cows, he can do that. I only hope he doesn't get worse.

More later. I will fix my breakfast and get dressed. 

O.K. I am ready for the day but there will be no working in the yard today. It has already begun to rain a little and it's just 6:30AM.   

These kittens are not stupid. They know where the shelter is as well as the food and fresh water.

 Image may contain: food 

That's just outside my front door on the door mat. The others are finding shelter somewhere else but with out water or food nearby. It's 7:35AM now.

More later... 

I read until lunch time and then had some soup and crackers and cheese. 

After lunch  I realized I needed to go out to Dollar General and get my Omeprazole. I couldn't find it the last time I was at the Walmart store. So I put on my face mask and bought it. Then I came on back home.

Now I am charging my Kindle. I was going to read but the Kindle battery was low. It is 2:25PM now and the sun is shining. I will go check out how warm it is. I may be able to get those leaves picked up after all if it isn't too cold out there.

I got most of the leaves cleaned up in that back yard before I got too chilled and had to come back in. I had a half of a black yard bag full though. And I got some exercise.

Image may contain: outdoor 

I took this photo through   the screen in the den. You can tell that.

It was 3:30Pm when I put the bag in the garage and came in to read the book from my phone.

I have read until 4:30PM and now will go eat my half sandwich from yesterday and watch the news. 

Later this evening, at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: