Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday and Questionable Game Day Plans

 I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM.  I read late last night.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now. 

I opened the door and found three cats out there waiting for their breakfast. When I took the food out through the garage I heard a crying cat in the garage. I walked back through the garage and the black kitty was there, Evidently when I took the dishes in last night, it followed me into the garage. I put the door down and it had been there all night. It ran out after I talked to it and called it. That must have been terrifying to it.   It is huddled next to it's yellow sibling now and Scruffie is out there now too.

I don't know what Marilyn decided about game day. She texted me yesterday to see if I was interested in delaying game day a week or just cancelling it for the month since it would fall  on the day before Thanksgiving. Next month it would fall on the day before Christmas.  I imagine she will just cancel it since some people would have company coming for the holidays.

More later...

  

Lots of frost today. I guess I wont be doing any raking in the front yard today with that frost.  So, I guess I will read again today.

I have been listening  to NPR as they have discussed how to approach the virus during this new surge of it. There are six countries that have the virus under control including Australia and Vietnam. I think we should tune into their experience and find out exactly how they managed that. 

Dealing with the virus is like a war. 

When we are dealing with a war, we don't decide we don't want to be told what to do. If we are about to be drafted to go to war, we can't just say "I don't want to do that". Many people, even though we have been told that wearing a face mask not only protects the other person it also protects us, refuse to wear one. During war, it's not a matter of what we want or don't want ...it's a national  emergency. We do whatever we have to do to win the war.

And contact tracing is just as important. If we come up with the virus, we need to call everyone we have come in contact with and see to it they are quaranteed for two weeks. We need to hand wash several times a day. We need to keep surfaces that are touched on a regular basis sanitized. Mostly we need to stay home and away from infected people. 

The Australian Experience:

Australian borders were closed to all non-residents on 20 March. Social distancing rules were imposed on 21 March, and state governments started to close 'non-essential' services. "Non-essential services" included social gathering venues such as pubs and clubs but unlike many other countries did not include most business operations such as construction, manufacturing and many retail categories. The number of new cases initially grew sharply, then leveled out at about 350 per day around 22 March, and started falling at the beginning of April to under 20 cases per day by the end of the month.

After lunch I raked leaves around the hedge. Then I read all afternoon until I finished the book I downloaded a couple of days ago until I finished it. 

It is 6:00PM now. At 5:15PM, the First Methodist Church brought my supper. I ordered it this morning and they delivered it. It was either free or you could pay what you want. I gave them $5.00 for it. It was a large barbecue sandwich and a pickle and cake and baked beans. It was delicious but too much food to finish. The last meal I got from them was  homemade chicken and noodles, green beans and a biscuit and a piece of cake. That meal was $4.00. How could you beat a deal like that?  

It's 6:00PM now and soon I will take my bath and then plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

And isn’t Australia’s leader a woman? I’m not really sure....

Margie's Musings said...

I am not either. I just know they mandated the three Ws. That will need to be done to get these people who refuse to wear masks to do that. Some people are so ignorant. They also stopped immigration and visitors/tourists from other countries. There needs to be a fine for those who refuse to follow the three W's.

pat m said...

New Zealand has a woman leader and they are down to zero cases..she was recently re-elected