Saturday, November 14, 2020

Saturday and a Trip to the Church

 I slept well again last night. The trick to that is to have enough covers to stay warm. I got up about 5:00AM, as usual.

I have made my bed and dressed and even had my breakfast.  After I fix my Chai and turn on the weather I will check on the cats. I don't know yet whether it rained or not. It's too dark to see at this point.

I packed a shoe box yesterday afternoon and will run it over to the church this morning after it gets light. Johnna will pick it up tomorrow and take it to the First Baptist Church in Independence.

If it is raining the girls won't come to mow Carla's leaves today.  If it is raining I may feed the cats in the garage. I will check soon. I am using the den computers this morning so I haven't checked on them either.

More later.... 

All four cats were out there waiting for their breakfast. They all ate and left except the two kittens/cats. They stay by the front door looking in. After they ate, I took in the food. The water is still out there. 

In a short while I will take the shoe box over to the church for Johnna.

I am currently watching "CBS This Morning- Saturday". When I get all the news, I will leave for the church. It goes off at 8:00AM.

So, more later..

I went to the church with my shoe box of goodies for the children of third world countries and found nine others already there.  Our people are really responding.  After I left there I went out to the Woodshed and bought gas and then I went to Dollar General and got a couple of things I couldn't get at ours. 

I went to Country Mart to get a few grocery items and while I was there Karan called me. Richard, her next door neighbor, had taken her to the hospital with another episode of her atrial fibrillation.  She was in pain so they gave her some morphine for the pain. She had left her two boxes  in the utility room and needed me to go by and pick them up and take them to the church. The hospital in Coffeyville felt she might be having a full blown heart attack and sent her to Bartlesville. I found them there and took them out to the church Then I went on home. 

Then I called Tate Boys, where Leslie bought my tires, to see if I could get my tires rotated and they said to come on down and they would work me in. I took my Kindle so I could read. Since she bought my tires there, they rotate and balance them for free. It was no time at all and they had my car ready. 

They didn't have a lot of Saturday business.

I went over to the mall and looked around. It is practically empty. There may be a dozen businesses left there. 

Karan called me again and asked me to call her beauty shop and tell them she would not be in for her appointment on Monday morning.  They are keeping her over the weekend. They did get her heart converted. And they must have decided it was not an actual full blown heart attack. Their hospital is full of Covid 19 and they do not want to keep her there any longer. The beauty shop was closed on Saturday afternoons. So I will call them first thing Monday morning.

Then I came back home.

I called Cox Cable to discuss the fact that I am getting a low signal on Sundays and am unable to watch our church services the past two Sundays. I talked to three different people and finally got a man who said he does not work on Sunday but he would watch  the signal and would call me after 9:00 on Monday to see how that went. He might have to send a technician out to check out the service. I was on the phone for an hour.

I got letter from Cox in the mail today. It said their service was going to be updated over the next four months. It said I should turn to channel 1987 and if I could get it I am good to go. If I didn't get it I was to check my owner's manual to see if an update is supported and if so, update it. They suggested I request a Contour box. If I don't update my device, they said I would start losing channels in November  and as early as January and no later then early mid March I would not be able to receive any channels. They apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. But I was able to access channel 1987 so I should be fine.

The tech said my Tivo was new enough that I would not need the new Contour box.

If it weren't for Cox Complete Care, Cox would be more trouble then it's worth.

It's nearly 6:00PM now and in an hour I will take my bath and put my pjs on and plan to read after that until I am ready for bed. There is nothing I am interested in on TV.  I have just watched the CBS news.


 

No comments: