Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tuesday and Georgia Election Day

 This will be an interesting day in Georgia and what Georgia decided will influence all of us. After the President's call to the Georgia Secretary of State we will find out how much support he has among Georgians. The man is seriously ill since he cannot admit to a loss of power.

I slept pretty well last night  although I woke up even earlier then usual...4:30AM. I laid there for a long time before I realized I had had my sleep out and just got up and made the bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast and after awhile I will check out the cats. They had no supper last night so they should be very hungry. I am going to go back to one meal a day for them.

Now, I will take my Chai Latte and go watch "the weather on the 8's" and get back to this later.

I am watching the channel 6 news right now although I will admit it's mostly commercials...pitiful!

Three of the four cats were waiting for their breakfast. I did not see Scruffie. She must be with her kitten. I have not seen the kitten for over a week. I hope it's still alright.

I watched CBS news until it was over and then went up to Independence to the Walmart store to get three frozen dinners. I only got three from Schwan's last time. They are pretty expensive. 

Then I washed my car and came on back home. It's time for the mail and I am mailing off a birthday card for one of our church members, Billie Jo.  I went through my calendar this morning and put everyone from the congregation of our church 's birthdays on the calendar....including my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I had the rest of my Broccoli Cheddar soup and crackers and cheese for lunch. Then I took my mail up to the  post office and dropped it in the drop box.

Then later about 3:30PM or 4:00PM I went over to Nancy's house and found her fully dressed and feeling good. I stayed and visited for two hours. She was so happy to have me there. And I was happy to be there too. I got home at almost 6:00PM and watched what was left of the CBS news and had a banana for supper.  I shared with her my texts with Gina the day before yesterday.

At 7:00PM or thereabouts, I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. 

6 comments:

Donna. W said...

Most of my Facebook friends are Trumpers. Someone I don't know in person who is a friend on facebook sent me a video a while ago of a man saying a long prayer for Trump because he is being attacked. I lost it! I said, "Boy, did you ever send THIS to the wrong person. Please don't send me any more of this garbage!"

I feel sort of bad about it, but how dare they assume I think like they do? Maybe I'd better take my blood pressure now. I'm kidding, but I probably need to say a prayer for forgiveness. It's been a long four years, and I'm at my wit's end.

Margie's Musings said...

I certainly understand. My own older son is also a Trumper. Some of my friends are too. I try to just refer them to the 25th Chapter of Matthew about what Jesus had to say about how we should treat people and why.

Kay said...

My sister-in-law voted for Trump, but I don't think she's an actual Trumper. At least I hope not. I'm waiting to see what happens in Georgia too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jackie said...

Sounds as if you had a lovely day....

As a Canadian I am hoping you have a safe and uneventful transition of power. Though I somehow have a feeling that will not happen.

God bless.