Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wednesday and Bunco at the Senior Center

I slept very well last night and was up at 5:00AM. I have had one coffee and will go over to Coffeyville and pick up Bob for breakfast. Afterward I will get my hair done. I will take my Kindle so I can read before I go to the senior center at 1:00PM for bunco.

I have three cats here to eat their breakfast. I  have not seen Scruffie yesterday and she did not come come for breakfast this morning. I will leave the dishes out there and hope they are still there when I get home from Coffeyville.

I had better leave now to pick up Bob for breakfast.

More later

I rained all the way over to Coffeyville..I picked up Bob and we had breakfast there at Eggberts. After I took him home I went out to Country Mart an bought some chocolates for the Bunco treats and then went to my hair appointment. After that I went to the Country Time Mall and looked around to kill some time. By that time it was time for  lunch and I stopped Sonic and bought a junior hamburger ad a small coke. Then I went on up to the senior center and Janet let me in and I read while she went to lunch. 

After that, it was time for Bunco.  I had a good time.

 On the way home I turned on  NPR on the radio and caught what the mob Trump had inspired was doing. They had broken into the capitol building and were causing a riot. They were trying to get those records of the results of the electors and burn them. A smart and quick thinking aide in there managed to get the boxes they were in and take them out of the chamber to hide them. The mob broke windows and vandalized the chamber. The police attempted to get them out of the capitol  building before they did any more damage and eventually had to use tear gas to get them outside and eventually out of the capitol grounds. There was a 6:00PM curfew but for some reason they didn't arrest those to didn't honor the curfew. What a mess. It went from a protest to a mob action just like it usually does under mob circumstances and action.

By the way, both Georgia Senate seats went to the Democrats.  Thanks to Trump. He really inspired the Georgia citizens to get out and vote.  For the first time in their history Democrats won the Senate.

I did notice when I got home that two of my cat bowls were gone.  They had evidently been carried off by a dog. They were no place to be found.

I finally turned off the TV and took my bath at 7:00PM. I will read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed. It's been a big day.

 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Now I'm worried about Scruffie.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. I didn't see her this evening either. Maybe tomorrow morning.