Saturday, January 9, 2021

Saturday and Another Aggravating Day

 I will probably read again today. It is very cold at 23 degrees.I can't see getting out in it. 

I didn't sleep well last night...tossed and turned quite a bit. Finally sometime around 5:00AM, I just got up and made my bed and dressed. I am having my oatmeal now and breakfast bar. I also have my Hazelnut coffee. In a little while I will text Bob and check out the cats. I didn't give them supper last night so they will probably be pretty hungry. 

So more later...I want to see if I have TV this morning.

 I do have TV this morning. I have watched the weather and am now watching the CBS news.

I fed three cats..two yellow cats and Inky...no Scruffie.  I did feed Scruffie last evening. She finally came for that meal. After she ate, I went out to bring in the bowls. A possum was out there about to eat from her bowl. I ran him/it off.

I looked out the door and Scruffie was there now. The others had finished so she was able to come eat. That's good. I won't have to feed the cats again this evening. 

I started watching the news again and suddenly my picture began tearing again..just like last night. I contacted Cox again and they attempted to fix it remotely but it still did that off and on all morning....very aggravating!! I contacted Cox each time and got a remote "helper" who was unable to help me. I finally got an actual tech and he said they would need to see my equipment and check it out. He made an appointment for between 1:00PM  and 3:00PM on Monday. This better not be a service call. I had a reminder card in the mail yesterday that reminded me if I could access channel 1987, I would be fine. I had no problem accessing that channel at all. Grrr!!

Now I am having to charge my phone.

More later... 

I got one of my classmates letters back in the mail today so she is "unknown". That means I had to redo my classmates lists to get them both up to date.  So I have a total of 111 living classmates thus far, 29 unknown...meaning they didn't give me a forwarding address or I was not notified of their deaths.  154 I know are deceased. All this out of a total of 294 to begin with. 

So more later... 

I read all evening and went to bed about 10:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So many gone. Even my small class has lost a bunch of our class.

Margie's Musings said...

It's the age we are. Some in poor health just can't make it any longer. In my class, we are 85.