Monday, March 29, 2021

Monday and Some Coordination

I slept rather poorly again last night and probably will until I get to the bottom of who knows what. I learned at the senior center last week that Joanne had planned for everyone attending the funeral service on Wednesday for Bob Avery is supposed to meet at the funeral home at 1:25PM on Wednesday and have a procession up to the cemetery. The graveside service is at 2:00 PM. That was Joanne's idea but I don't know if she discussed it with Denise, who is making all the arrangements, or even if she discussed it with the funeral home. So this morning I am going to have to call Richard Hanks at Ford Rulf Bruns and see if anyone arranged that with them. Then I will call Denise and Diana.

Joanne also coordinated with the senior center to have a reception for those who attend the services after the service is over. Janet, at the senior center, has coordinated cakes and cookies with members of the board and has arranged to also have a tray of veggies and meats from the senior center. And everyone will wear a face mask.

When Joanne brought that up to me the day I took Bob's photos over to her I told her I really didn't think that was a good idea during the pandemic when all kinds of folks might be there...those who have been vaccinated and those who have not...but she arranged it anyhow. That is why we decided to have the services outdoors instead of at the church.....for everyone's safety. Of course, at that time we didn't know the church would be reopened.That was just decided in the middle of last week after there had been no new cases in Montgomery County.

Then I learned from Leslie that Joanne had contacted Melissa with three pages of her thoughts that she wanted Melissa to work into her sermon remarks. I imagine Melissa already had her sermon remarks planned but she agreed to work some of Joanne's information into her sermon.

Personally, I think the family should make the plans about the service since they are paying for it and are directly involved. But evidently Joanne thinks she should have it the way she wants it. I don't approve of how she has handled this but now today I will have to be sure Richard at Ford Wulf Bruns knows about the procession. 

I had all this on my mind last night and that's why I didn't sleep well again. I was up at 4:00AM. 

My niece, Denise, read this blog and texted me that she had talked to Richard about Joanne's procession plans and he agreed to it. I am so glad that has been taken care of. One less thing to think about. Now if we can get through the reception without anyone getting sick, I will be happy.

I started raking leaves and bagging them about an hour and a half or so ago. I have three full bags in my trash barrel to be picked up tomorrow. I am charging my trimmer now. My back knows I am out of shape. The yard does look better now. The little gal didn't mow as close to the fence in the back as usual so I had a lot more trimming to do this time and the leaves from my south neighbor's trees were all along my fence. It's 10:00AM and I am very tired. I did this yesterday too in the front yard. Getting old is not for sissies.

I went out to Dollar General and bought some birthday cards for Jeromy...one from me and one from the congregation. His birthday is April 2nd. He will be 42 my daughter tells me! Where has the time gone?

David Hill called just as I was getting ready to have my lunch. I had made some more on that Broccoli/cheddar cheese soup. He had a couple of parts he wanted to put in grandma's clock. He wants to be sure that will help it to continue to work before he meets me to pick it up. He said there would be no additional charge. He will call me when he is ready to have me pick it up.

It's 11:20AM...I will fix myself some lunch. 

I called Nancy at 1:39PM and she answered the phone. Then I went over to spend the afternoon with her. It's 5:56PM now and I think I recorded the CBS news so in a bit, I will watch that news. Nancy is going to be up and dressed in the morning and at 10:30AM we are going to have lunch tomorrow noon at Copan. Then we will go down to Hobby Lobby in Bartlesville.

I have to pick up the cakes at Coffeyville tomorrow at 8:30AM and deliver those cakes to Independence tomorrow morning to the First Christian Church at 9:00AM before I come back to Caney to pick up Nancy at 10:30AM.

More later .....

At suppertime, Scruffie's light yellow second  litter kitty, the only one that survived, came to eat supper. Something had put out his right eye...a fight probably. It looked like it had been gouged out. He ate a little of the leftovers from the breakfast meal but then went on back over across the street. Again, I haven't seen Scruffie in days. She was terribly pregnant the last time I did see her and that has been days ago. I have been feeding Inky and Blondie and now that poor little injured cat that is only half grown.

It's 8:46PM now and no more sleep then I have had the last two nights, I may as well go on to bed. My Kindle is charging and there's absolutely nothing on TV worth watching so I may as well give up and go on to bed.

No comments: