Thursday, April 1, 2021

Thursday and Housekeeping Day

 I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have dressed, made my bed and had my breakfast this morning. I am now just drinking my coffee.

I am glad this week is over. Waiting and trying to think of everything was exhausting. It was a perfect beautiful day for the service. I was glad to catch the error of Bob's birthday on the brochure. At least they will print some more for the family. 

Diana, my older niece, is coming over to Caney today to visit an old friend. Tony will probably come with her. I doubt they will stop by here. We visited a long time at the reception yesterday.

I dropped by the new Caney city owned grocery store yesterday afternoon  and it is very nice and well stocked. I intend to give them all my business. Now if they could just get a grant to remove some of these terrible eyesore empty houses and do something about their streets, that would be a vast improvement to the little community. Maybe if the president can get his infrastructure plan through congress, something will be done about that with a grant.

They have that new grocery store and a brand new Casey's and a new four lane highway 75 into town from the Oklahoma line through Caney and that's a vast improvement. Danny Scott and his committee have done a wonderful job so far.

It's 6:30 and I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" on TV.

I can hardly wait to tell John I had another cricket this morning in the bathroom and I caught it in some toilet tissue and flushed it down the stool. It was under the trash receptacle in there. :) He was determined  that all that noise each time was the smoke detector.  I knew it wouldn't be but when he is determined he is right it's hard to tell John anything.

I fed just the two siblings, Inky and Blondie, this morning and then the little one eyed blond cat from Scruffie's second litter  came to eat too. I took their food in but they showed back up so I left it out a while longer. They appear to be finished now so I will go get it again and put it away. I haven't seen Scruffie in a long time. Something may have happened to her. The last time I saw her she was very pregnant. It's a mystery. 

 May be an image of grass and tree 

I would like to ask John, my son-in-law, to bring his chain saw and even up this hedge. I have tried to do it with my hedge clippers but it's way too uneven to do it that way. I don't know whether he has the time or not. If it warms up a bit I may take the hedge clippers out there again and try to get it evened up. It's been that way ever since I have lived here.

Well, I got the apartment vacuumed and mopped. Now all I need to do is dust. If I don't get to it today, I will do it tomorrow. I am pretty tired now. It's strange...I always get a bunch of dirt in the sweeper and I can't understand where it comes from. I take off my shoes on a rug at each door. And I vacuum every week. I asked Suzanne if she had the carpets cleaned after the last renter left and she said she did. I know the last renter was handicapped and had to have help with vacuuming and mopping but this is not just a little bit of dirt...it is a  lot and it's every week..like long time dirt. I wish I knew where there was one of those dry cleaning carpet cleaners like Nate Marsh had and that young man from Tyro who cleaned my carpets over on 2nd street back in the 80s. Those machines really cleaned a carpet.

If it warms up more, I will take my hedge clippers out and try to shape up that hedge myself. It's only 12:23PM right now. It might get warmer nearer 2:00PM. I will read until then.

I finished another book at 3:30PM. I will see how warm it is outside now. 

More later...

No comments: