Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday and Cakes

 I slept well last night for a change. I went to bed fairly early and was very tired. I had worked in the yard and got my flowerbeds ready for Spring. I raked leaves and trimmed. I added mulch to the small one in the front where I hang a plant on a hook.The yard looks pretty neat considering what it is.The last week of April, I will plant the flowerbed in the back yard under the den window. I always like to wait until the chance for frost is over to plant my flowerbed..

When I go over to Coffeyville to pick up the cakes from Phyllis and Karan, I will drop by the bank and get my week's money. We will be short one cake this time with Bob gone. I don't know that anyone is willing to take up the slack he has left. We have lost Sue's and now Bob's. Johnna used to bake one too but, like Leslie and Melissa, she has a very responsible job and has no way to get the cake to us since her dad is also gone. He used to bring Johnna's and Sue's to Independence.

When I get home from Independence, I will pick up Nancy and we will eat lunch at Copan truck stop then go down to Hobby Lobby and browse around just to get her out of town and see something other then the four walls of her home.

I was having trouble getting my right contact to seat this morning. I tried putting an older one in and that was just as blurry and it would not seat either. So I took it out. Then I realized, I could see clearly now. I must have left that right contact in all night. It is fine now. 

It's no fun getting old.  Weird things happen all the time...especially when you are very tired and can't think straight. I had visited for a couple of hours with Nancy last evening even though I was very tired from working in the yard. I came home and read awhile and then just gave up and went to bed.

I have had my oatmeal, coffee and breakfast bar and am working on my chai now. It's nearly 6:00AM now and in about 30 minutes, I will check on the cats. If they are there, I will feed them. I want to leave here promptly at 8:00AM to go pick up the Coffeyville cakes and go to the bank. Then take those cakes to Independence.

Tomorrow, I will get my hair done at 9:00AM and later eat something at lunchtime there in Coffeyville. After lunch, at 1:25PM I will go out to Ford Wulf Bruns to meet with the procession and follow it to the cemetery. When the funeral is over, I will go by the senior center and have cake or cookies and visit with the friends and relatives for awhile before coming back home. By then half the afternoon will be over.

Right now I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cat situation. So more later...it's 6:08AM

There were two cats waiting for breakfast. Both yellow ones. One was the one with the damaged right eye. Poor thing! I didn't see Inky. I think the undamaged yellow cat  was Blondie. I put all their food bowls out anyhow. I figure some of the other ones may see those that are eating and come eat too.

I left here at 8:00AM  to go to Coffeyville. I went to Karan's first and picked up her cake and then to Phyllis' and got hers. Mine was already in the trunk.  I stopped at my bank and took out some money for the week. Then Nancy called me. She had diarrhea and needed to go on a different day. I wasn't surprised. 

As I was leaving Phyllis' I saw Keith Buchele in his driveway with his stepson out by his garage. It had been a long time since I had seen him so I stopped and visited with him briefly from my car. He was an old boyfriend from high school back in the dark ages. He told me he was 91. I thought that was about right. He was just a few months older then my Bob. He would have been 91 in May. It was nice seeing him again. He was one of the nicest guys I dated back then. He was attending Coffeyville Community College at the time I dated him. When he went into the Korean war, I wrote him and as he finished college afterward, I continued to write to him. For his student teaching he came back to Field Kindley High School.  I couldn't date him then because he was a teacher and I was a junior or a senior. That was against the rules even then. We had a nice visit there at the car and he introduced me to his step son. His younger son lives with him and watches over him. He works at Wal Mart. His older son is a doctor.

I went on to Independence and took the three cakes in to the First Christian Church. The secretary helped me unload them and I told her about Bob. Then I went by Miller Brothers and had my gas tank filled up.  And from there I went to their Walmart and got some frozen meals and a few other things I needed. Then I came home and put everything away. It's only 10:46AM now so I have the entire day ahead of me.

When I got home I hunted up my birdhouse paint and repainted it.

Then I took my contact out and put my glasses on. I thought if it had been in all night. I should give my dry eye a rest. 

Suzanne came while I was back here on the computer awhile ago. She put the newspapers in my mailbox on the house. She didn't ring the doorbell. She was probably going to see her sister. But she left me a new colorful doormat. I put the one with the cats on it in the garage next to the back door. 

I have read for quite awhile and it's now 3:08PM. I had some more of my soup and crackers for lunch. It's pretty good! 

Diana, Denise's older sister, contacted me awhile ago. They are at the Best Western at Coffeyville. They are resting up after their two day trip back here from Wisconsin. I guess I will see them tomorrow afternoon.Their kids are in town too.

May be an image of body of water, grass and tree 

My front yard mowed and raked. I have a lot of dandelions and  would like to get rid of them before they go to seed. Most of the dandelions are in the back yard.

It's nearly 4:00PM now and I guess I will go eat my supper banana. After that, I will watch the news again. So, more later...

I went out to Dollar General and bought some weed killer and sprayed my dandelions.  I hope that will kill them.

After the news, I will take my bath after that at 7:00PM and try to go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: