Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday and Bob's Services

 This will be another busy day. I will go over to Coffeyville this morning to get my hair done and then stay over there and read in my Kindle until lunch time. I will have my chicken salad lunch at Eggbert's and that will give me a good lunch. Then at 1:25PM, I will go out to Ford Wulf Bruns to join in the procession to the Spring Hill cemetery.

Afterward I will go to the senior center for the reception Joanne has planned. We will all wear face masks during all these proceedings.,,,just to be as safe as possible. Of course to eat cake or cookies we will have to take them off.

I got up early again this morning. It is 5:22AM now and I have just finished my breakfast. I dressed as soon as I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

In a way. I dread today. It will be an emotional day for the family and Joanne....and probably for me too. It has been a couple of weeks. Bob and I always had breakfast at Eggberts on Wednesday mornings and I always texted him every morning between 6:00AM and 6:30AM and he always answered my text.  It has seemed very strange not to text him every morning. And this and last Wednesday were very strange Wednesday mornings. He died on a Tuesday evening on the 16th. I am a year younger and will probably be next. Outside of his sister, Betty, who is 96, I am the oldest living relative.

Well, that's life. 

I am having my chai latte now and in about 30 minutes, I will check on the cats.I haven't sen Scruffie all week. I have really just been feeding Inky and Blondie and that little yellow cat from Scruffie's second litter... with the torn right eye. Poor thing!

I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" now. It is 5:54AM.

Sure enough..it was just Inky and Blondie. I don't know where the others have gone. I have brought all four bowls out just in case the others end up coming over.

I left at 8:00AM and went to my hair appointment and later out to Walmart.  I will probably not shop at a Walmart now that we have  lovely new grocery store. They have about everything I need and everything I buy. If I went out of town to shop  for groceries I would spending a lot more on gasoline then what I would save on groceries. They will get all my business here in Caney. The market is very nice and they have nearly everything I buy. I will be surprised if the Dollar General can make it now that we have a market.

Again, more later....

The service was very nice!! Melissa and Leslie did a fine job. The reception afterward at the senior center was also very nice with lots of treats and a veggie tray too. We all had a good time visiting afterward.  I sent them a thank you note.

The funeral home got Bob's birth date on their brochure wrong.They had it as 1948 and he was born in 1934. I told Richard about that just now and they are going to print some more for the family.

I have been watching the CBS news and now it's about 6:12PM At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and read until bedtime.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I will be glad when this day is over for you.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Take care during this long day.

Dianne said...

I will be thinking of you today.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you Sister-Three , Susie and Diane. It's nice that you folks are sensitive to care!

Galla Creek said...

That’s a big mix up on his birth year. They should have a family member proof it. You would have caught their mistake.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Sister-Three. But mistakes happen...unfortunately!