Friday, April 9, 2021

Friday and Dusting

 I slept very well again last night...thank goodness! I got up shortly before 5:00AM and had my breakfast after I got myself ready for the day. I heard from Dean. He has spilled a cup of coffee on his computer and Rod was trying to get it fixed after that fiasco. It was good to hear he was alright though. Ever since he had to have more stints put in last winter, I have been concerned about him. He has been a good friend. I would hate to lose him. I just lost my brother-in-law, Bob, and am not ready to lose Dean too.

And, by the way, Krystal did get one of her girls to mow for me tomorrow. She finally got back to me last evening.

I have had my oatmeal and breakfast bar and am drinking my one cup of coffee now. I will go in the living room and check "the weather on the 8's" now and have my Chai Latte. I will get back to this later. 

I watched the weather and it appears it's going to rain. I don't know whether the yard will be dry by Sunday or not. Krystal's daughter will be willing to mow on Sunday afternoon if it is. I will just have to play it by ear and wait to see.

More later..I will watch the CBS news now. 

I watched the CBS news until it was over. I got a text from Kelly about 10:30AM wanting to have breakfast. He had sent it at 6:54AM but I didn't receive it until 10:30AM for some strange reason. I suggested lunch instead so he met me at Eggberts at 11:00AM and we had lunch instead and a good visit.

I called Nancy after that from in front of her house and she was sick to her stomach again.  On my way home I stopped at the dental office parking lot where there was a huge rummage sale going on. I bought a puzzle and thought I would put it together instead of reading this afternoon. 

It's 12:40PM now and I guess I will go get my card table from the garage. More later...

I worked on the puzzle and got it finished. I had finally found Nancy after Laura left the back door open for me earlier. I went in and stayed two hours and visited with her. When I got back home I finished the puzzle. I had told Nancy I would get it to her and she could work on it next on her dining room table. Laura came back by on her way back over there and I sent it to Nancy with her. By this time it was beginning to rain and storm. Laura told me that David and his wife had decided to employ "Visiting Angels" four days a week to take care of her so they wouldn't have to.That will cost $200 an hour four days a week. That is $3200. a month but that is at least $1,800 less then a nursing home and she can stay in her own home that way.

I took my bath and got ready for bed. Then I watched the weather on TV for awhile and finally began to watch 20/20 but it was interrupted by more weather news on that channel too.We did get a little pea size hail. At 8:45PM I came into the den to work on finishing the blog. I will go on to bed at 9:00PM. The worst of the storm has past....I think.

No comments: