Monday, April 5, 2021

Monday and Car Business

 I slept well last night and only woke up once. I got up at my usual 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast bar and oatmeal and am working on my coffee.

I have a load of laundry in the dryer now..mostly underwear, towels and my PJs. 

I will go to Bartlesville this morning and get my tires rotated and the oil changed. I have a coupon that helps.The oil change will be $14.95. The tire rotation will be free. I will get those things done at Tate Boys where Leslie bought my tires a year or so ago. We charged them on a Tate Boys credit card where I had six months to pay them off interest free. She paid for them.

Then I need to go to Walmart there and buy an ink cartridge for my printer, some Chai Latte and melatonin. I can't get those things at our new market here in Caney. I will go by Hobby Lobby too and see if I can find some kitchen towels with an apple design for Kim and her new husband.

It's 6:17AM now and I will go see what the weather will be like this week. I know they are predicting rain on Wednesday when I go to Bunco at the senior center. I hope to get my antique clock this week too.

So more later... 

The tire rotation and oil change was not quite as cheap as I hoped. The oil change was to have been $14.95(plus tax) and tire rotation free.They charged me $26.95 for a "needed" air filter. $16.40 for the "oil filter service". The oil filter itself was $3.50...the oil $12.05 (minus the $20.00 discount). That came to $41.40. $4.71 for the "shop and supplies"and $4.20 sales tax. So with the $16.40 oil and filter "service" the total then was $50.31. with a "free" tire rotation.

Bartlesville's Walmart didn't have the Chai Latte. I'll have to get that Wednesday at Coffeyville. I couldn't find the "Apple" dish towels for Kim either.

When I got home, I took some of my broccoli Cheddar soup over to Nancy. I stayed a while but needed to get home and get something to eat myself. I had a Healthy Choice dinner.

Then Suzanne called and we chatted for awhile.

It's 3:21PM  now and I have not done another thing today. Maybe I should read. It's been a laid back day. 

I read in my latest book until news time. It's 6:25PM now. I have had my banana for my supper and chased with a breakfast bar. In another 30 Minutes, I will take my bath.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Everything is a rip off. Very upsetting.

Kay said...

It’s so awful how some car maintenance places can rip you off that way. Your morning sure sounds like mine.