Saturday, April 10, 2021

Saturday and the Aftermath of Rain

 I slept well again last night and only woke up once to go to the bathroom and take my meds. I got up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I am not sure the yard can be mowed tomorrow. It rained a lot last night and it may be thoroughly soaked. 

Inky and Blondie spent the evening right next to my front door on the new doormat Suzanne gave me, trying to stay dry. When the rain let up, they went back across the street. The next time I go to Coffeyville or Independence, I will have to buy cat food again. It appears I am only feeding three cats at the most. Inky, Blondie, and the light yellow young cat from Scruffie's second litter. The rest appear to be gone for good.

I got most of my dusting finished yesterday, All I lack is the den and that should be easy. There's not a lot to dust in there. ...just bookcases and the computer cabinet and one end table. I can't dust the tops of the bookcases without a ladder and all I have is a step stool so I will not do any climbing on that.

It's 5:40AM now and I may go turn on "the weather on the 8's" to see what is in store for today.  So more later...

I just fed the three cats Inky, Blondie and the light blond cat from Scruffie's second  litter.  That appears to be all the cats left now. Scruffie is still gone...evidently for good.

I watched the weather and it appears it won't be raining here till later next week. 

I read most of the morning, swept off the front door area and  had one of my frozen lunches for lunch. I took a drive in the early afternoon and then dropped by Nancy's. She was dressed and so I stayed a couple of hours. She was just getting ready to do the puzzle I took over to her Friday evening.  She instead went into the den with me and we just visited. I left about 4:30PM and went home to watch the news. Instead the golf tournament was on so I watched it until it was over for the day, I was going to watch "Bull" but it was a rerun. I read again until bath time and then I took my bath and at 9:00PM I went on to bed.

 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Feral cats lead a dangerous life. They aren't vaccinated, so a lot of them probably die from feline leukemia. Many of them die when they are crossing the road and a car hits them. But you gave her food when she was hungry; you enhanced her life while she was there. You did your part.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Donna! I did not want them to starve or to eat birds.