Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Tuesday and a Kindle Problem

 I left my Kindle plugged in overnight like I always do to charge it when it tells me to do that. This morning the yellow light was still on. When it is charged, the light turns green. Evidently the battery did not take a charge. The libraries have been closed during the pandemic so I have constantly read from my kindle. Now how will I read? Oh well...

I slept well last night and got up this morning at my usual 5:00AM. I went to bed shortly after 9:00PM last night so I had plenty of sleep.

I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now. I don't really have a plan for today. Tomorrow is my hair appointment in the morning at 8:30AM and Bunco in the afternoon at the senior center at 1:00PM. I always look forward to that fellowship.

The only cats that came for breakfast this morning were Inky and Blondie. I believe someone around here has got rid of the other cats.  There used to be four and Scruffie was very pregnant. I haven't seen her in weeks.

More later...
I have been watching TV and the picture has been tearing again from time to time. I was talked into increasing my internet signal a month or two ago and that added to my cost and of course the internet signal had nothing to do with my TV picture anyhow. So I called Cox to see why the picture tears. They are sending a tech out to check it out this afternoon between 4:00 and 6:00. In the meantime, they gave me to a tech with an accent to help me go back to my original internet speed. I started out last year with the cost of $109.27. Now it's up to $137.64 with the increase in internet speed. When I asked to have the internet put back to the speed where it was when I got the TV hooked up in 2019 when I moved here, I was told the cost now would be $126.65. Why, I don't know. I have the very basic package called the TV starter package. That was quoted to me in 2019 at $109.27 and that included my Cox Complete of Care of $9.99 a month.

The tech came and checked everything out. He put a newer connection on the Tivo and spent an hour here working on the connection at the pole as well as all the connections on the TV. He couldn't figure out what else it could be except the Tivo was an older model and might be causing the problem. I had hoped he was right. The TV is nearly new and so is the DVR. I seldom use it since I have Amazon Prime. While I was talking to the tech online he told me I should have PBS on my Starter package. I told him it had been dropped from the starter package but when the young tech left my apartment here, I changed to channel 11 and I did have PBS now. That's good because I really like PBS on TV and NPR on my car radio.

After he left  and I was watching channel 6 (CBS ) news, the picture tore once again. I guess I will just have to live with it. Luckily it doesn't happen very often.

I have had my bath now and it is a little after 7:00PM. At 9:00PM or so I will go to bed. Until then, I will read. There's nothing I am interested in on TV. I watch the news,  Bull, Lucky Dog, and that's about it. Now that I have PBS again I will watch some of their programming.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Here is something I found on Google that it wouldn't hurt to try: "Try resetting the Kindle by holding down the power button for at least 20 seconds. Turn it back on and see if it charges normally. If it still won't take a charge, let it rest for about half an hour while connected to power, then try the reset again."

Betty said...

Cox techs don't know what causes the tearing. I have had them look at mine, too, and he just fiddled around with it, and declared it fixed. Shortly after he left, it started tearing again. Cox is just useless.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Several years ago we had to have a cable TV tech come to the house because our picture was doing what they call tiling, where the picture is broken into erratic squares. He came in the front door and the tv had the little squares all over in the picture, tiling severely. I was stunned when he said to my husband and I, what do you want me to do about it.
I told him that pattern should not be interfering with the picture on the screen and it needed to be fixed. He messed around and messed around and finally said they would have to send an outside lineman. I think that was the time a squirrel ate something out on the line or there was water that had gotten into the master box up the block from us.

The first guy was such a smart alek, and then the second outside line guy who came was just as nice as he could be.