Friday, June 25, 2021

Friday and Cleaning the Apartment

I slept until 6:00AM this morning...very unusual for me! I was awake a couple of times in the night but basically, slept well. I am having my oatmeal now and drinking my coffee. In a little while I will go turn on the TV and watch the "weather on the 8's". 

I didn't clean the apartment yesterday and I usually do that on Thursday but somehow I just wasn't up to it. I don't have too much energy today either but I clean once a week and I need to get that done.

One of the girls will mow this afternoon even though it doesn't really need it much.  We are supposed to get rain the next week and it would REALLY need it by then. It was mowed last Thursday so it's been a little over a week.

I'll be back to this later.I want to check the weather.

Sure enough we are forecast a week of rain. I hope they can get the yard mowed before it starts.

I got all the flowers watered. I probably won't have to water for a week now with all that rain in the forecast. 

Blondie was the only cat that showed up for breakfast. I didn't  see Scruff  at all...unless she shows up later. 

I am not feeling very energetic today either. Unless I get to feeling better, I may not clean after all. No one will see it except me anyhow. 

I am feeling  a little better now and am starting to clean the apartment. It is 9:00AM. I will continue as long as I have enough energy to do it.  I have the mopping finished.

I have the bedroom and hall vacuumed. I am taking my time. I don't want to wear myself out. In a minute, I will do the living room.

O.K. I got the living room done. Next is the den and last the dining room.  Then I have to clean up the sweeper. It's 10:00AM now.

It's 11:00AM now and I am finished. I even dusted today. I was tired to begin with and now I am exhausted. I guess I was more tired then I thought. I have even cleaned up the vacuum sweeper.  I probably will just read the rest of the day. I don't know when the little girl who mows for me will come but I still have to put gas in the mower. It will probably be mid or later afternoon. But I had better get gas in that mower.....just in case. Then I will rest....and read.

O.K. I got the gas in the mower. I am ready for the girl who mows for me. 

Soon it will be lunch time.I may go out to Eggbert's and have my chicken salad fruit and muffin again. That sounds good...better then another frozen meal. I will have to check the money situation first. :)

I did go out to Eggbert's to eat but once again a child was screaming at the top of his lungs so I asked the waitress to bring me a box and a "to go" cup. I boxed up my dinner and the iced tea and paid the waitress and brought my dinner home to eat it in peace and quiet. 

I read until 2:30PM and finished my latest book and downloaded another mystery.

More later... I watched a recorded TV show and read on my latest book this afternoon and rested up after my day of housework.

My mower is coming about 5:30PM to mow and after that I will trim. In fact, I may trim before she comes because I don't know when the rain will begin.

I may go trim now.... 

And that's what I did. I got the trimming done before the mowing. I was afraid I would get the string broken off before I finished but I didn't. 

John, the girl's stepfather, came to mow since the girl that usually does it, is sick. Her little sister, who did it last week, is in Georgia visiting a friend. After working all day, I wasn't going to ask John to mow my yard. It isn't that bad.  It can wait a week. Then it will really need it. If it cools down by then, I can mow it myself.  If not, the girl who usually mows for me will be well by then. I got it trimmed anyhow.

It's 6:27PM now and I will take my bath. I put away the mower and the yard bag. I will read after my bath until bedtime.

No comments: