Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tuesday and No More Rain

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I am having my oatmeal now and drinking my coffee. I have nothing special planned for today. I might try to work a little more on the congregational newsletter if I get some more news from someone in the congregation.

In the meanwhile, I will go catch the weather and check on the cats.  It's 55 degrees this morning...pretty nice. 

While I was over at Nancy's yesterday afternoon she told me Dale had called and Nancy's great grandchild had finally been born. She was due on the 8th so she was quite late and weighed almost 10 pounds. Yesterday was the 21st.  They named her Nora.

David, her son, who had been in a coma for several weeks, is trying to wake up. They are taking turns reading to him there. They finally released him from ICU. They don't know whether he will ever be himself again or not.  He had some serious health problems before the bacterial infection happened.He has asthma and Parkinson's Disease. His immune system was already compromised. She waits by the phone all day for updates from Dale, who is in touch with Gina, his wife, who is there helping David's wife, Teresa, to read to him and help out.

More later... I will go check out the weather channel....

It's supposed to be pretty nice today. It 55 degrees and it's only 6:22AM. 

Only Blondie and Scruff showed up for their breakfast again this morning. I guess I will never see the others again. Well, it will be cheaper to feed them. Blondie has left now and Scruff is the only one out there. 

In a while I will go water the plants. That's my other regular chore..morning and evening. My flowers are staying lovely though so it's worth the effort.

The hummingbird feeder leaks and I can't seem to screw it on hard enough to keep it from leaking. I have refilled it every week...sometimes twice a week. I will have to fill it again this morning and I just did it yesterday. I did put a plastic bowl under it and will try to reuse what is in the bowl as well as new fluid. A hummingbird does come to drink from it so it's not a waste. 

More later.... 

I checked the hummingbird feeder and there was still plenty of fluid in it so I tried to tighten it again and just hung it back up. I did empty the little plastic tray that held the leaked fluid. Then I put it back where the the dripping would be above it.

I need to give the cats some clean water. They have almost emptied the bowl.

It's 9:10AM now and I just had a long conversation with my long time friend, Gay. We got acquainted when I was 17 and she was 14. Now I am 85 and she is 82. She lives in Chanute, Kansas.  

I went over to the church and ran off 15 copies of the newsletter, stuffed them into the envelopes I had addressed and stamped them. When I got back home I ran them up to the post office and mailed them and bought some more stamps.

Suzanne came by and brought me some papers and also took me to Sonic and bought me a cherry limeade slush. We visited awhile. Then she brought me home. She and Steve have very nice camper but they are ready to sell it and quit camping. It's just got to be too much for them now. I told Leslie about it and she is going to ask around her office and see if anyone would be interested in buying it.  

My new ink cartridge came today instead of tomorrow.  It was due tomorrow. It's 3:50PM now and I guess I will read awhile.

More later...

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Isn't this cool weather for a short while a nice break from the heat. We had a storm and our power went out after the third crack of lightning. It sure got hot and humid in our house. Our little Fuzzy Pomeranian was pacing and wouldn't settle down. Then I realized I had gotten dressed and put my shoes on which I normally only do when I am going somewhere. I always do that when there is a storm just in case we need to get to the basement. My husband had his shoes on, too. So Fuzzy thought we were ready to go somewhere and leave him home alone. He was never nervous like that before when we leave. Finally the storm settled down and he was getting too hot pacing, then I realized what was wrong: he was worried about our shoes being on and us leaving. Husband and I took our shoes off and I put some battery candles on the floor so Fuzzy could see better because we recently found out he has cataracts now. Finally, he was able to lay down in his dog bed and just watch us without pacing and getting too hot. He's 17 years old. I was sure glad when our power came back on and the Air Conditioner came on. So was Fuzzy. He laid down, closed his eyes, and slept for hours afterward. When he woke up, he was feeling pretty good,acting like he was only half his age.

Margie's Musings said...

It's wonderful you still have your dog, Susie. I got very attached to the Shat Pei my son gave me after his divorce. He was a lot of work but well worth it. I had to have him put down when he got sick at age 12. Missy, my 16 year old cat was also well loved. I lost her in 2018. She got very sick and could not keep her feed down.
I can't have animals in this duplex apartment. That's just as well. If I died here by myself having animals in the apartment would be a catastrophe.

Galla Creek said...

It is great you have your chores to keep you active. Your long time friend is a true blessing.