Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday and Rain

I slept  pretty well last night but woke up at 12:30AM to the sound of the storm. It sounded like it could tear up my plants so after awhile,I went out quickly and brought them in and set them on dinner plates. One is in the den and the other on the small rug in front of the front door. They are so pretty, I don't want them ruined. It's still dark out so I can't check on the flowerbeds yet. It's only 5:42AM now. The hanging plant I brought in the den, looks fine. Maybe I can set it on the TV cart in the window in the den. That's where I usually set the solar kitty when I bring it in for the night.

I have had my breakfast bar and oatmeal and am drinking my coffee now. It's nearly 6:00AM now and I will take the coffee in and turn on the TV for the weather.

So, more later... 

It's just drizzling now so I took the plants back out on their hooks.  If it starts pouring again I will bring them back in. I also fed the two cats, Blondie and Scruff, in the garage..just inside the garage door...while it's raining. 

I have finished my breakfast now and washed the bowl and cup. It's 6:35AM right now. 

It's 8:08AM now and I have been watching the news and playing solitaire all this time. 

The cats are gone now. The rain has let up for awhile but it is chilly outside. 

More later... 

I have been reading all morning. I finished the book I was on.

Krystal called me after she got off work and said she would come by after she left work and mow for me.I felt of the grass and it appeared to be dry even though it poured down rain after midnight. So she came and mowed for me and that took care of this week.

Brandon's back yard is still a mess.

I went to the Caney Market this morning  and bought three pieces of chicken, okra and corn and they threw in a biscuit. I couldn't eat it all so I saved two pieces of the chicken, half the corn and okra and half the biscuit for another meal....or two. I put it all in a microwavable covered dish. I am pretty much out of money now.  I will need to go to the bank tomorrow before church.

I had just put a new battery in my notebook last Monday and have used it every day since that including this morning. I just picked it up to use it and it has some kind of problem. It was automatically shut down because it was overheating and was running a program to recover it but that never worked.  Darn! I really enjoy using it on my lap while I watch the news. I may send it to Keith to see if he can figure it out. Always something!

I called Nancy  a little while ago and she had heard from Dale about David's progress and he is getting better and it will just take some time.

I guess I will go take my bath and read awhile before bedtime.

No comments: