Monday, June 21, 2021

Monday and Laundry

 I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.

I stripped my bed this morning and am ready to start my laundry soon. Then I will go turn on the weather report. I am not sure, but I don't think we got the rain that was forecast. When it gets light..I will check. 

I am working on a congregational newsletter. I began it last night but will have to go get some ink cartridges before I can print it off. It's not finished yet anyhow.I plan on putting it in the mail on the 25th. That will give everyone time to get me their news. I am thinking of ordering the ink cartridges from Amazon. It would save me a trip out of town.  I usually get my orders the next day from Amazon.

That's what I did. I ordered it from Amazon. It should be here on Wednesday. I will be over to Coffeyville on Wednesday so I can go put the retreat information on the bulletin board at church then.

The two blond cats are here for their breakfast.... Scruff and Blondie. It appears the others are all gone for good. They have been missing for several weeks.  

It is thundering now. So far, no rain... but it's just a matter of time.  The thunder and lightning scares the cats.  I think they have left now....without finishing their breakfast. They went somewhere looking for shelter.

It's raining lightly now and Blondie is tucked up next to my front door. I don't see Scruff. She could be out there closer to the wall but still out of the rain. I moved their food up closer to the door out of the rain.

It's 9:20AM and I am getting the laundry done now. It is still raining so I won't have to water my plants today. The cats are both gone now. It is 64 degrees today...a far cry from the past weeks.

I guess I will read until the laundry needs to be put in the dryer.

It's 11:10AM and I just went to the market to buy a couple of tings I was out of. I also took a can of Amy's soup and the manager took a picture of it so she could order it for me. I buy that soup whenever I am going to have soup. This may be a soup day. It's 64 degrees out there. 

More later..the laundry may be dry. 

It was dry and I folded it and put it away. It's 1:59PM now and for lunch I had some tomato basil soup with cheese and crackers. It was Amy's soup..much better then Campbell's. The sun is out and the rain is gone. It is 70 degrees out there now.

I saw on this morning's news that Naperville Il. had a tornado last night. Two of my classmates live there.  Ed Cotner and Ray Hill and their wives. I tried to call Ed but he evidently has no service. I did leave a message with my phone number if he is able to reply. I don't have a number for Ray.,,,just an address. 

I called Ed's number but he never got back with me. That's a mystery unless the tornado got him and his wife Carol.

I read most of he afternoon. Then I went over to Nancy's to visit. I stayed a couple of hours. I came home in time to watch the CBS evening news and water the plants in the back.

I took my bath close to 7:00PM and read again until I finished the book. It's 8:36PM now and I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

No comments: