Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday and Online Church Again

I slept pretty well last night. I was up a little earlier but I had plenty of sleep. It is 5:40AM now and I have just had my breakfast bar and am working on my oatmeal and coffee. 

We will not have church again in our building. Montgomery county is all red again and so many unvaccinated folks are spreading it again. This is a pandemic and nothing to be played with and vaccination should be mandated. Other countries are doing that. Over 99% of the new cases are folks who refuse to be vaccinated and are spreading the new Delta strain.

I never did get the apartment dusted this week but since I won't be driving over to church, and the puzzle is finished and boxed up again, I will get it done today. I will watch "Beyond the Walls" from Ontario at 11:00AM this morning and then later this evening I will watch the Mission Center service out of Springfield, Missouri. I am to give the invocation for that service. It starts at 6:00PM this evening. We will do it on Zoom.

It's nearly 6:00AM now and I want to see if Cox ever got their act together and I have TV again so I can watch the weather.

So far I have TV again and Blondie is here for his breakfast too, so I took it out to him.  According to yesterday's forecast we are forecast for more rain.  I will have to watch out for my plants again.

I see Scruff is out there eating too now. She is the only other cat that comes anymore. 

I see they have taken rain out of the forecast for the next week. That's good! We have had enough rain for awhile. 

I took the cat food in and now Scruff is back looking for it.

Another 10 Minutes until the CBS news comes on. I haven't had a bit of trouble with my TV this morning. That proves the problem was with Cox...not my Tivo.  

It's almost 8:00AM and I want to try to catch the CBS news. More later... 

I watched the news for over an hour and never had a problem with the TV. Then it began tearing every whip stitch. I called Cox and was put on hold for ten minutes and when I finally reached a tech, she put me on hold to reach a TV tech. So another ten minutes later I finally reached someone who checked out the situation. He seemed to think I had a poor connection to my Tivo. The signal was being split between my internet connection and my TV. They are sending a tech out next Tuesday at 8:00AM to check that out. Since I have Cox Complete Care, the service charge will be free.

I went out to Dollar General and bought some AA batteries to put in my blood pressure cuff.  It's a good thing I did that. My blood pressure was 177/78 and I am not surprised as aggravated as I was over the cable situation. Maybe it will settle down now that I am having Cox out on Tuesday to check that out.

It's 10:53AM and time to turn on "Beyond the Walls".  Actually, they don't come on until 11:00AM and I still have over 11 minutes to wait.

I hope hundreds, perhaps thousands of  people got to enjoy the testimony service of the "Beyond the Walls" church service today from Toronto Canada and the sermon by Apostle Art Smith. It was very thoughtful and meaningful...in my opinion.

It's noon now and I will go eat my lunch. Back to this later. 

I ate my lunch and then went over to visit Nancy for awhile. I read for the rest of the afternoon. At 5:00PM, I took my carpet cleaner over to Nancy's. She spilled coffee on her carpet in a high traffic area. Her caregiver is there now and she can help her do the cleaning. I hope it works, She spilled that coffee two weeks ago and it may be permanently stained. We will just have to wait and see if it will come clean. She may have to hire a carpet cleaner to get it out..if it can be got out at all.

I am supposed to sign in to Zoom in thirty minutes to do the invocation for the worship service or I would have stayed and helped with the carpet cleaning..

After tonight's service is over I will take my bath and go back to the book until 9:00PM..which is my regular bedtime.

More later... 

1 comment:

Kay said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got some good rest, Margie. I did too, so why am I still sleepy?