Thursday, July 22, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will mop and vacuum the apartment today and later this afternoon one of the mowing girls will mow my yard. If it's not terribly hot, I will trim it afterward.

I was reading the Chronicle today and noticed that David Hill, the Independence man that has been working on my grandmother's mantle clock, passed away. I will need to contact his widow and  pick it up soon. I don't know who to get to work on it now. I hope I can get it back from his family.

It's 6:17AM so I will go turn on the weather on the TV and check on the cats.

There were just the two blond cats, Blondie and Scruff there, I fed them both and watered all the plants. It's supposed to be up in the low 90's  today and they will need a lot of water. 

It's7:28AM and I have all the floors mopped. Next, as the commercials are on, I will start the vacuuming. 

It's almost 8:00AM now and I have the bedroom vacuumed, the hall and the living room. All I lack now is the den and the dining room.  I will rest awhile and then finish.

After I finished the cleaning and vacuuming, I went over to the Caney school office and picked up a copy of the school supplies list for Caney. Then I went out to church and made copies of it.

I called David Hill's widow when I got home from Independence. I had gone out to our church and left 10 copies of the lists of the school supplies for the elementary Caney Lincoln school at our church on the table in the foyer. Then I went up to the Independence Walmart and bought school supplies. When I got home I called her. She was not sure which clock my grandmother's was but luckily I had taken a picture of it so I can identify it. She will call me in a week or so and have me come pick it up. His funeral is tomorrow so right now she has a lot on her mind.

I read until the mower came at 2:50PM.  She has been mowing since then. She finished at 3:40PM. If it cools off, I will need to trim. It's 88 degrees now.

I will go back to reading until time for the CBS news at 5:30PM.

I watched the CBS news until it went off and then read until 6:30PM when I took my bath. I plan to read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

I am leaving at 9:00-9:30AM tomorrow to go to Chanute to have lunch with Gay.

 

 

No comments: