Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wednesday and Hair Appointment

I slept later then usual...5:30AM. I had a hard time getting to sleep due to concerns about not being able to get into my checking account. The bank had me change my password and when I did that, the new one would not work. I called the bank twice to get help and after getting a temporary password and changing that to the new password, it worked. So I checked my account and balanced my checkbook. Then later in the day when I had gone to the market and Dollar General and wanted to check it again, it would no longer work. So I went to bed frustrated over it. They don't want me to use my bookmark for their site. Instead, they want me to type in their address. I am almost tempted to change banks. If it weren't for the hassle of having to deal with social security and changing all my accounts to a different bank, I would do it.

I hesitate to even try this morning. It's only 6:17AM and if it doesn't work this morning, the bank isn't open for assistance. I am going over to Coffeyville this morning for my hair appointment and Bunco so I will just go to the ATM for my week's cash.

I will go check the weather report on the TV and hope my picture isn't tearing today. Between the bank and Cox, I am highly frustrated. I will take my blood pressure again too and see if it is through the ceiling.

I will need to water my plants too. There's no rain in the forecast until next Monday.

Both Blondie and Scruff came for their breakfasts. They ate their fill and I took the food in the garage and covered it.

It's 6:55AM now. I will not leave for Coffeyville unto 8:30AM. My hair appointment is at 9:00AM.

And I see the hummingbirds prefer plain sugar water. I stopped using nectar. They prefer the sweet water. 

I left Caney at 8:30AM and got to Coffeyville in plenty of time for my hair appointment at9:00AM or soon after. I went out to Walmart to get the school supplies lists but Caney was the only school in the area that did not have their school supplies lists printed off there. I called the superintendent of schools at Caney and told her that. She said she would get right on it and thanked me for bringing it to her attention. I will see if I can download and print them off.

Then I ran my car through the car wash and dried it and vacuumed it out. I dropped over to Sonic there and ordered a cherry limeade slush. I took my cake up to the senior center and put it in the kitchen. Then I went out to South Coffeyville to Woodshed and bought gas.

I took my Kindle up to the senior center and sat and read until time for Bunco. I dropped by Marilyn's and took her the rest of the lemon cake left from snack time between games at the senior center. Then I got home from Coffeyville at 4:00PM. I read and watered the plants. I dropped by the post office here in Caney and bought stamps.  

Then I tried once again to log onto the banks site.I failed twice and finally called the bank again. One of the service employees walked me through it again and made a small change in my password and that seemed to do it. At least this time. I hope I don't have to deal with that mess again.

I decided to call Cox Complete Care and have both computers tuned up. It had been quite awhile since I had had that done and it really needed it. I pay $9.98 a month for that service and I might as well use it.

Today I had no tearing of the picture on the TV. I hope the increased signal or the service call took care of that. Between the bank and the cable, I am about worn out. 

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath. I plan to go to bed about 9:00PM.

I will clean the apartment tomorrow. And one of the girls will mow for me.

 Friday I will drive to Chanute to have lunch with Gay.

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope your day will get better and all of your banking and cable tv problems will straighten out. Take care.

Galla Creek said...

Banking is such a hassle. I checked this morning and my ss is in there, but I am trying to decide if I should Judy pay for my new refrig. It’ll take most of my check.

Galla Creek said...

Just

Margie's Musings said...

If I can get into my account tomorrow, Susie, I will be delighted!