Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday and a Trip to Chanute

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM this morning. I have had my breakfast bar and am working on my oatmeal and coffee now. I was up a couple of times in the night but  I managed to get right back to sleep. After I dressed and got myself ready for the day, I fixed my breakfast.

I planned a trip to Chanute today to have lunch with Gay but I am a little hesitant about it after I learned she was twenty minutes late for her classmates meeting yesterday because of road work. I will check with her before I leave. I don't know where she got hung up.

I haven't had the TV on yet today. I had a couple of incidents of it momentarily freezing and a message popping up saying I was not authorized to have that station. The station was channel 6 CBS news. All their packages have the networks so that's ridiculous. I reached a tech woman working from home who tried to tell me it was my cable box. She said it was a 30 year old cable box and was obsolete. Then the problem cleared up while I talked to her and she said she had sent a special signal that may have fixed the problem. It's a constant battle with Cox. She wanted me to drive to Owasso to pick up another box. ...or to Ark City. I told her I was not going to do that.  It was way too far to drive for another box and she wasn't sure that was the problem anyhow. Besides, there were four Cox trucks in my neighborhood yesterday so I could just get an updated box from them. So, the grief goes on...

I will turn on the weather in a minute and see if I have any more grief today. I will also check out the cats.

I fed both Scruff and Blondie and they were going to fight over the food until I set two separate bowls down for them. I am still feeding them dry food even though Suzanne gave me some wet food. Dr. Barta always said they were better off with dry food as long as it was good dry food. After I run out of the dry food, I will feed them the wet food she gave me.

We are forecast 90 degree + weather all next week and I don't see the rain we were forecast earlier last week for Monday.

I trimmed the front and the west side of the yard and swept up my mess but wore out before I got to the back. Maybe I can do that when I get back from Chanute or later this evening.

I got home from Gay's at 3:49PM. She encouraged me to take 75 home instead of 169. Taking 169 I had to go 60 miles out of my way with detours. Chanute was completely closed off except from the west. You can take 39 west out of Chanute and meet 75 all the way to the Neodesha exit to 400 and then take the Independence exit off of 400.  Then I went into Coffeyville on 169 from east of Independence. I needed to get gas and also go to the bank. But I had a good time visiting.

When I finally got home to Caney, I saw they had State Street completely closed off  and barricaded.  They are putting that awful gravel on it too. Spring Street is terrible with it. I am sure it is not good for the new tires Leslie bought me. It gets stuck in the treads of the tires and then when you drive into the garage, it tracks gravel all behind the tires and you have to sweep that mess up.  What a mess. I had been using State because of the mess Spring is in and now I can't use State. I will have to use Main until they decide to mess it up too.

Anyhow...busy, but neat day. It's 4:00PM now and I will go read until the CBS the news comes on at 5:30PM. If it wasn't so hot, I would finish trimming in the back yard. It's 91+ degrees out there. It's 4:10PM now.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at or near 9:00PM.

No comments: