Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday and Another Puzzle

I slept well last night and only woke up once. I got up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed and am having my breakfast. I am drinking my coffee now. Soon I will go check the weather and a little later, the cats. They are usually not here for their breakfast until around 6:30AM. It's only 5:44AM now.

I don't have a plan for today except to start another puzzle. I have about read all the books that I downloaded from Amazon this past week. 

Tomorrow is the second Bunco game at the senior center. They decided to have two a month now. The first one is the first Wednesday of the month and the second one is the third Wednesday of the month. Game day is still the fourth Wednesday of the month. Then this week on Friday I plan to drive to Chanute to have lunch with Gay.

Well, I watched the latest space trip and I must say it was very short...nothing like the real astronauts experience. For one thing, no one actually flew this one. They were all passengers.  And it was all over in just a few minutes. Hardly worth all the hype....or the money.

I need to get more bottled water. I just finished my last bottle. I don't drink Caney water. Twice since I have lived here we have been advised by mail about how bad it is. I understand they are replacing all the water lines in the town....little by little. They are also messing up the streets with gravel instead of asphalt. I don't like to drive through the gravel. I consider it hard on the tires. It gets into the tread. That can't be good for my new tires.

I went to the market and got a treat for tomorrow's Bunco game at the Coffeyville senior center. I also got water and another Amy's soup. Then later I went out to Dollar General to get some index cards.

I called Nancy to see if she was feeling well enough to go to Bartlesville but she wasn't. So I went out to Eggbert's to have their chicken salad and fruit and muffin with iced tea for my lunch.

Then I came home and read on the first of three free books I downloaded from Amazon to my Kindle. I haven't begun the puzzle yet.

More later..it's 2:55PM now. 

It's 4:57PM now and I have been reading all afternoon, I am just getting ready to watch the news. 

I logged on to my bank site and was told I needed to change my password. So I did. But no matter what I did, it would not accept my new password. Finally I called the bank and they helped me by having me log on to the site without using my bookmark..just the address of the bank. Then they gave me a temporary password  and I was able to get it changed from that. I took care of my bank business and then tried to log on again. No matter what I did, it would not accept my new password. When I called the bank again, they said to wait to log on until tomorrow. It probably was not going to accept it today because I had  tried too many times today. And they told me not to use my bookmark but to just put the bank's address in the address line. I doubt that will work. But I'll try in the morning.

It's 5:22PM now and I am waiting for the CBS news to come on.

I've watched the news off and on all day and have had no picture tearing at all.  Yesterday when I talked to Cox I told them the tearing had nothing to do with my Tivo and they just needed to give me a stronger signal. After that, I had no more tearing. They sent a tech out to look it over earlier yesterday and he admitted he didn't know anything about a Tivo. He checked all the connections inside and out though since he was already here. He couldn't find a thing wrong. That just strengthened my belief that it was their weak signal that caused it. Unfortunately, because they are the "only ball game in town" no one has any options. They sent me a survey  to fill out today about my experience with their service...and I told them exactly what I thought.

It's 6:11PM now and I will go take my bath. I am charging my Kindle so I can't read any more this evening.

At 9:00PM I will go on to bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Galla Creek said...

I like bottled water. I don’t drink it from the tap.