Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sunday and Church Online Again

I was up very early this morning after realizing I had agreed to do the invocation for the evening church service we hold on Zoom and the Mission Center president was supposed to have sent me the bulletin by e-mail and he had forgotten to do that..I didn't even know what the theme for the service was to be. So I got up and looked online at the world church's site and found the theme at least It was "Act Boldly". That at least gave me the direction to go for the invocation. I e-mailed Leslie to see if she had the bulletin. Of course, she is not up yet so I can't expect an answer at this point. It's not quite 6:00AM yet.

I will watch "Beyond the Walls" at 11:00AM this morning. That's the service from Toronto, Canada. Since the pandemic has shut down our churches world wide we are having to have church by Zoom. It's not the same but it's better than no church at all..I miss the fellowship. But I certainly don't want the Delta variant or another variant. 

And I understand the vaccinations wear down about 6 to 8 months after they are given and we will need a booster. So far the Modena..the one I got, has no booster. I got the first one in January and the second one in February. That's almost eight months.

I slept pretty well last night outside of waking up with the realization I didn't have the bulletin for tonight's service and didn't even know the theme until I looked that up on the church's website. It's "Act Boldly" (like Esther did in the scriptures). So at least I can wing it without a bulletin if need be.

I guess I will go turn on "the  weather on the  8's" and in a little while, after it gets light, I will check on the cats too. It's 6:20AM now.

So, more later...

Two cats came for breakfast. It was Scruff and Blondie. They ate their fill and left. I brought in the food they they left.

They weren't showing "the weather on the 8's" yet on the weather station. I will catch it later.

It's 7:15AM now..More later... 

I am going to try once again this afternoon at 2:00PM to go see Phyllis and this time and since they didn't even call me back yesterday I will just show up with the documentation that I have about being vaccinated and a face mask on. She is in room 51 at Home in Sight at Windsor.

I got in to see Phyllis at 2:00PM and stayed until 4:00PM and visited. She has a real nice room and likes everyone that takes care of her. She does her physical therapy at least twice a day and while I was there an aide brought us a couple of cups of ice cream.

I got home at 5:22PM and will watch the Mission Center worship service at 6:00PM.

So more later...

After the Mission Center Worship service, I took my bath and read on my Kindle the rest of the evening. At 9:00PM, I went on to bed.

 

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You are as brave as Estherđź’™

Kay said...

Didn't they say the longer you wait between shots, the more immunity you have? We're going to hold off on getting the booster until toward the end of the year.

Galla Creek said...

I think Kay is right. I. Writhing for the Moderna shot.