Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday and Apartment Cleaning

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning, I seemed to have my sleep out by then and was just lying there tossing and turning,  I was concerned about Nancy.  

Laura, her Thursday evening caregiver, texted me yesterday and asked if I had Nancy. She didn't appear to be home. I told her I was on a one day mystery tour and had been gone all day. She later texted me back and said she had found her in the upstairs... in her bed... and she had evidently gone back to bed after her morning caregiver had left at 1:00PM and had been sleeping all day too. She has told me on several occasions that she just wishes she would die.. She is so depressed she just tries to sleep all the time but usually it's just on the sofa in her den downstairs. I am very concerned about her. After I get the apartment cleaned this morning...after her morning caregiver leaves at 1:00, I wi1l  go over and check on her. I wonder if anyone took her to her hair appointment yesterday. Sometimes the caregiver does that and sometimes I do it.

I have had my breakfast and am dressed and ready for the day. In a little bit I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and also and check on the cats.

I will change my bed tomorrow after I get up.  Gay will be sleeping in it Saturday night after we get back here after her class reunion. I will sleep on the trundle in the den like I do whenever I have company.

Both cats came for breakfast and so I fed them and when they finished, I brought the food back in the garage.

So more later... 

It's 9:00AM now and I just finished the mopping and vacuuming. I am watching the CBS news now. Nothing new.. it doesn't seem. The same news is repeated day after day. I will dust in the morning since I just dusted last  Saturday. Gay plans to come in the afternoon tomorrow and we will attend her 60th class reunion that night at the Coffeyville Country Club. 

I need to go to the market and buy some bottled water. I will do that now. I will get back to this later. 

I got my bottled grape flavored  water and came back home. I also bought a frozen Healthy Choice meal for my lunch. I am not sure whether I want to eat out today or have the frozen meal. I have awhile to make up my mind. It's only 10:15AM now.

More even later... My daughter, Leslie, brought me these beautiful mums this afternoon.

May be an image of flower and outdoors 

And she brought me these beautiful petunias too!

 
May be an image of flower, outdoors and brick wall 

Aren't they lovely? I had just discarded the flowers I bought this spring this morning. They were looking pretty ragged. 

Now I guess I will go see if Nancy is up and dressed. She was up but not dressed. I stayed an hour and a half and visited with her. Dale and Gina are coming on Wednesday to put her in assisted living in Bartlesville. They will move some of her furniture there too. I tried to tell her not to give in but I know she will. She will be going into that assisted living place in Bartlesville. It is called Green Country Retirement Village,

More later...

I have been watching the news. It is 6:35PM and I should take my bath and get ready for bed and read until bedtime. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. I am very tired.

 

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Feeling sad for your friend Nancy. Wishing you a good visit with her today.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you! I need all the help I can get!

Galla Creek said...

I love the flowers, especially the mum.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your new flowers are so pretty.

I hope you are able to visit your friend Nancy today.

Margie's Musings said...

It was very good of my daughter to bring them to me!