Saturday, October 2, 2021

Saturday and Gay's Class Reunion

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM.  I put fresh sheets on my bed because Gay will be sleeping in it tonight and I will sleep on the trundle to the daybed in the den. I always do that when I have a guest.

I am eating my breakfast now and just got the laundry in the dryer. I would like to mow my leaves this morning if it doesn't rain. The yard looks so messy with all those leaves all over it. It always looks nice and neat after I mow. And it will especially look nice with my two new hanging baskets that Leslie brought me yesterday. I wonder if Krystal would mow it for me today. I might text her and ask her later on this morning. I hate to get all hot and sweaty when we are going to attend her class reunion dinner this evening at the Coffeyville Country Club.

More later...I will turn on "the weather on the 8's"and check on the cats in 15 minutes.

It looks like the only day this week we will have rain is today. Darn it! And if it rains, Gay will be driving down here in the rain and maybe over to Coffeyville for the class reunion.

Scott, my younger son, called me this morning and we had a nice visit. He had an appointment this morning with an audiologist to check his hearing. Ginger thinks he has a hearing problem.  He said he would call me again on his way home.

We are planning to go to their new home for Thanksgiving. We are planning to leave here the day before Thanksgiving, I don't know how long we will stay. Leslie has the whole week off for vacation. I don't think we will stay that long though.

The only cat that came for breakfast was Scruff. She is out there eating now. Blondie may come later if he sees Scruff is eating. 

More later.... 

Blondie did come later but by then I was raking the back yard. Gay called and she will be at our Eggbert's at noon and wants to meet for lunch. I agreed. 

In the meantime, I raked the back yard and got it all raked and bagged before the rain started. It just now started to rain. I didn't get the front done though!

May be an image of grass

Scott called me back on his way home from the audiologist and we visited awhile longer. He can get free hearing aids from the VA and so he is getting them. They said he has a slight hearing loss but Ginger wants him to get them anyhow.

We are planning on leaving for Tennessee the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We may leave on Friday or Saturday. Scott thinks Ginger has to work the weekend following Thanksgiving. None of us have seen their new house. That should be a great experience. I have seen photos of it. This time they have great neighbors too. In Florida they had terrible neighbors.

Here is a photo of their new home. They have some acreage too.

 
No photo description available.

More later...it's 9:15AM now.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

House is spectacular

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is! Thanks for the complement!