Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday and a Mystery Tour

I was up extra early this morning...looking forward to my mystery tour today. I have to be in Independence at 7:00AM this morning to get ready for the bus trip to "somewhere"..only Sherry knows where. I will leave here about 6:30AM just to be sure I am not late. If the cats run late, they may not get their breakfast because I am not going to run late. We have to be fully vaccinated and wear a face mask too. I agree with that! It will be close quarters in a bus and we have the Delta variant to be concerned about and now the R1 variant too. We are forecast for rain so I will take my umbrella. It's 5:50AM now so I have awhile before I leave.

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am now drinking my Chai Latte.

I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" now and check on the cats.

I usually clean the apartment on Thursdays but I will do that tomorrow. It's 6:18AM and I haven't seen the cats yet this morning so they will have to eat somewhere else today. It's nearly time for me to leave for Independence. 

Scruff made it for breakfast just in time and ate her fill and I was able to get the dishes back in the garage before I had to leave.

 More later....

I left at 6:30AM and was gone all day. The mystery tour was to the Cosmosphere at Hutchinson, Kansas. It was a wonderful trip and we ate dinner at a special place...an Amish place. It was a terrific meal...of course, all home cooked and served. Salad, chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, hot rolls, and apple pie for dessert.  I was  stuffed! The Cosmosphere was very interesting! There was a film that went along with the personal guide that took us around through it and explained everything to us. 

I got home at 7:30PM. It was an exhausting day but very interesting. My ankles are swelled up.

Now it's 8:00PM and I will take my bath. Luckily I have nothing planned for tomorrow except to clean the apartment. I may read awhile before going to bed.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I can't wait to hear about the mystery tour!

Galla Creek said...

Hope the mystery tour is everything you hoped for.

Margie's Musings said...

It was fascinating!!! It was a wonderful experience and also a great Amish meal beforehand!!