Friday, January 21, 2022

Friday and a Cancelled Trip to Chanute

I am still debating whether to try to go to Chanute today. I woke up at 12:30AM and never was able to get back to sleep for very long. Finally about 3:30AM I took some melatonin and slept some. I woke up at my usual 5:00AM and am still feeling groggy. I am not sure if I ought to try to make that long trip to Chanute on unfamiliar Highways 75 and 39 and then wind my way into Chanute to find the uptown area when I might fall asleep at the wheel.  I will wait until I have had my coffee and see if that wakes me up some more. This is so disgusting. If Highway 169 were finished and operating, I am more familiar with that highway. It's a straight shot north.

More later....I will go watch the weather and check on the cats. 

Both cats came for breakfast and they are eating like they hadn't eaten in a month and I know better then that. I am still waiting on the local "weather on the 8's". The computer says it's 8 degrees out there and clear.

I have decided not to try to drive to Chanute when I am so groggy feeling. I will go another time. I will go with Leslie to Bartlesville. She will be driving. Maybe by 10:00AM I will feel more awake. I plan to go see Gay next week. Surely by then I will get some better sleep.

I called Gay and explained my situation to her and we agreed that as tired as I am, I should not drive today. I will try to go next week after I am better rested.

Leslie said she would be here between 10:00AM and 10:30AM this morning to pick me up. 

I did go ahead and vacuum the living room. I will do the dining room rug later today after the filters have dried.  I wash them after each time I use the .

Leslie just texted me she was heading out now. She will be here to get me with in 15 minutes or so.

I'll get back to this later.

Leslie came and she found the paper towels for her dispenser and then we went to eat lunch since the car wash was not open yet. After lunch, we went back to the car wash and it was open then. She washed her car at that drive through car wash and we vacuumed it out too. She also got a manicure there in Tuxedo. Then we came on back home. We had a nice visit. It was a pretty day although a cold one.

John had had a catastrophe. He went to get his truck bumper welded and the welding set the truck on fire under the hood. They couldn't get the truck hood open to see how much damage there was. He went to talk to Scott at Quality Motors about it and they managed to get the hood up and they found there was quite a bit of damage to the motor area. The fellow doing the welding will have to pay for the damage done and the extensive repair to the motor. He surely has liability insurance. Anyhow, it was John's work truck and it has to be repaired.

I read until 7:00PM and then I took my bath. I will read until 9:00PM and then go to bed. 

I never did check on the cats to see if they were hungry. I forgot all about them.

I hope I sleep better then last night.

 



5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It's 6 degrees here. Winter is not my favorite season. I'm looking forward to a January thaw if we have one this year,now that the weather patterns seem to be changing all over.

Be careful with driving since you were feeling so groggy earlier. I am not an adventurous driver to say the least, so maybe that brisk (super freezing air) will will perk you up when you go outside. I think I am more like a bear or groundhog,I am content for the most part to stay in when it is such cold weather and hibernate.

Have a nice day,whatever you do.

Margie's Musings said...

I decided to cancel since I was so groggy, Sue.

Annsterw said...

Hi Margie!! Very smart idea to refrain from driving when so tired. It is so much better to put off a trip than to possibly do harm to yourself by falling asleep at the wheel or over correcting when tired. Enjoy the day as a passenger and I hope you feel more energetic soon! HUGS!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Annsterw. That's just what I did. I put off my trip for a week.

Jennifer Davison said...

can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586