Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept pretty well for about an hour last night and then I woke up at 10:00PM with that hacking cough I had a month ago.  I finally got up and got those Zinc Gluconate Glycine lozenges I used to take to shorten the duration of a cold. That's what I took last month and it worked to stop the cough. I moved into the recliner in the living room until the lozenge melted and the cough stopped and then I went back to bed. From then on I slept very well. I think what starts that cough is sinus drainage.

Anyhow later I was up at 5:30AM and got myself ready for the day. I will start my breakfast and coffee in a minute. I have the laundry going now. It's Martin Luther King Day now and I don't know what all will be open. I was hoping to go down to the Copan Truck Stop and have their small chef salad for my lunch today. I will check it out later and see if they are open.

I have my breakfast ready now and will check on the cats after I eat and turn on the TV for the "weather on the 8's". I see the desktop computer says it's 26 degrees outside and clear.

Both cats were out there and were very hungry. I took their food out to them and Blondie finished first and left. Scruff is still out there. She has eaten but she must find a little warmth from around the storm door because she is huddled there. 

 Now back to the CBS news.

I have watched the CBS news and dried and folded and put away the laundry. I also washed my breakfast dishes and put those dishes away.

I guess I will get back to my latest book. I have had enough of the TV for now. It is 8:05 now.

It's 9:45AM now and I have been reading in my latest book. I am out of puzzles and there's nothing on TV. It's 32 degrees and sunny outside. I hope Copan Truck Stop is open today. I am tired of  frozen meals. Of course, lunch time is a couple of hours away.

I drove down to Copan and the truck stop was open so I had my usual...a small chef salad. It is very good...and healthy...a lot healthier then  a frozen meal...I am sure.

The sun is shining brightly. I have been cooped up in the house for so long that would  love to go somewhere but it's a holiday and I doubt anything much would be open so I may just go back to my book.

More later....

I read for awhile but I am bored to death. Unfortunately the kids are in guarantee so they can't have company and I don't know of another thing to do. 

I have balanced my checkbook and that is fine...it balanced.

But I am bored to death. Tomorrow I will go visit Nancy in Bartlesville but today I am tired of reading and don't have any new puzzles. I may just go up to Independence for something to do.There is probably nothing open up there...not even WalMart. 

I did drive up to Independence to the Dairy Queen and bought myself a Blizzard. Then I drove back home.

When I got home both cats were waiting for me for their supper so I fed them and when they were finished I put their double bowl back in the garage.

At 6:30PM, I took my bath and put my pj's on. I had watched the CBS evening news and then read until bed time and will read this evening until I am ready  to go to bed. 

I see by the desktop computer that it is 43degrees and clear. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow.

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I haven't been out shopping today but I'm pretty sure most of the stores are opened. The place I used to work didn't give us MLK day off as a holiday.

Margie's Musings said...

I didn't check, Suemn. When I found the Dairy Queen open I went in there and bought a blizzard for a dessert. Then I came back home.

Annsterw said...

When I had that cough I took Mucinex for a few days and it cleared me right up!

Jennifer Davison said...

can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586