Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday and A Sick Cat

I stayed up late and read last night until 11:00PM.  It rained most of the evening and Scruff came to eat. She is still sick but at least she is not vomiting now. She lay by the front door all evening near the door mat out of the rain. After the rain stopped she laid down under the hedge. She is skin and bones. I took her out fresh food...just not a lot of it. She nibbled on it off and on all evening. I took my bath and then read until I finished my book. Then I went to bed.

About 3:30AM this morning I woke up and took my two meds. I finally just got up and checked the front door. When I opened it, Scruff was lying there in front of the front door.. just not right in front of it... out on the sidewalk in front of it  ...wide awake and looking pretty pitiful. She still had that little bit of food out there. I couldn't bring myself to bring it in. She has fresh water too. There's really nothing more I can do for her. I hope she doesn't die and gets well but it doesn't look good.

I didn't see Blondie. There's probably no sense in going back to bed at this point. I doubt I could sleep and it's almost 4:00AM. I have read all my library books and will take the last one to the book drop at the library later this morning and get some more when the library opens. 

More Later ....Scruff tried to sleep after awhile but had trouble because I had the light on in the living room. Finally, she ate a little more of that food and moved back under the hedge. Then I dressed and fixed my breakfast and came in there in the den to blog. I did catch the "weather on the 8's" though.

Today is to be 85 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 86 degrees and  partly cloudy,Thursday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 83 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 85 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 87 degrees and isolated thunderstorms.and Monday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! Only three days with rain in the forecast. I don't know when the man Leslie got to mow for me will mow. She said he would mow on Wednesdays. We will see if that happens.  I hope she tells Jeromy she has found someone. He had planned to mow on Tuesdays after he took Cheyenne to softball practice or her games. I think I will text him what she told me.

Scruff was gone when I left for my walk. She must have found some kind of shelter. I hope she didn't crawl off and die somewhere. Poor little thing.

I took my mile walk at 7:30, returned my last library book and  picked up a full grocery sack of trash. I put it in my dumpster when I got home at 7:57AM.

More Even Later... 

I went to the library when it opened and checked out three more books. 

At noon I went up to the Pizza Hut and ordered a personal pan pizza. Then after that I read most of the afternoon.

Scruff came back this evening for her supper.She ate some but then she vomited it up. I took a wet paper towel out here and cleaned it up. Then she went under the hedge and lay down under it to rest. She is so thin...bless her heart. She probably ate too fast and lost it.

I called the Caney animal control officer and she told me they have no facility for cats and they just have a pound for dogs. And they don't euthanize them anymore.  I no longer have a cat carrier so I can't even take her to Independence to the vet to euthanize her to put her out of her misery. Maybe she can get through this. I hope.

It's 6:55PM now. At 7:00PM I will go take my bath.

More Even Later...

5 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Where you live, do you have an animal control officer? My area has one who will come to pick up sick or injured strays if called. It sounds as if Scruffy could use medical help.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree.. but I am not sure they will pick up feral cats. I imagine they just euthanize them if they are not someone's pets. Coffeyville has one but that's
16 miles away.

Margie's Musings said...

I never know when she is coming to eat either.

Galla Creek said...

Hope the new mower works for you.

Poor kitty.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, poor kitty. She is so lethargic. So Sad! I have been feeding these two cats for three years.