Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

 I slept fairly well last night. I was very tired. It had been a big day but a nice one.

This morning I was up at my usual early time, dressed and made my bed and put together my coffeecake. It is baking now.

I will  turn on the TV soon and check on the weather for the next week and see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. I am having my coffee now and that's all I will have until I get to church for breakfast at 10:00AM.

More Later. 

Scruff came for her breakfast but she still can't keep anything down. She is skin and bones. Poor little thing!

I did catch the weather though! Today is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 79 degrees Isolated thunderstorms, and Tuesday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 83 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 86 degrees and PM thunderstorms, and Saturday is to be 82 degrees and Scattered thunderstorms. Four days of rain! That should help the Caney River!

Scruff is still out there lying by my flowerbed.  She knows she can't eat or she will throw it up. She ate a little and then threw it up after trying to keep it down. She is a farrow cat so I can't pick her up and take her to a vet. I don't even have a carrier anymore. I must have got rid of mine when I moved to Caney after Missy got sick and I had to have her put down.

She is gone now. She was not able to eat the cat food without losing it. She is terribly thin..poor thing. 

I took my mile walk at 7:40AM this morning and I could sure tell yesterday was Mayfest. There was a lot more trash in the streets. I got twice as much as I usually get. It's a tragedy people are so trashy. to just throw their trash and empty water bottles in the streets. 

It makes me wish I was still living in Bartlesville where most people have some pride in their community. In Bartlesville, if someone saw that happen they would be reported and receive a citation for spreading trash in the streets. There are trash receptacles everywhere here so there's no excuse for just throwing their trash out their car windows!

I left for church about 9:30AM and got there in plenty of time for the breakfast at 10:00AM. There was watermelon from John and Leslie and donuts from Karan and my coffeecake. The rest of the congregation were later getting there and they did not bring anything for the breakfast. 

After we had eaten and were in the sanctuary, I took my coffeecake out to my car. I didn't want to have to go back for it after the worship service was over. Phyllis and I went in to Coffeyville for our usual lunch at Eggbert's there in Coffeyville.

Afterward I came on back home. 

More Later... 

I couldn't get Outlook to work on the new laptop so I called Cox Complete Care and the tech got it working by downloading updates.

Thank goodness for Cox Complete Care. 

I did my letters for those who were not at church today. There were only two missing and I included a bulletin for them for the announcements and the Prayer List.

More Even Later...

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

As I read, I wondered what town is your Church in. I don’t think it’s in Caney. How far do you have to drive?

Margie's Musings said...

It's about 16 miles away. When we built it in 1998 most of us lived in Coffeyville and the church is in rural Coffeyville. At that time we had $150,000 from the sale of our old property and Independence, Kansas only had 6 members and the only money they had was $4500 from their building fund but they insisted ed we had to build between Coffeyville and independence so we bought 3 acres about halfway between the towns. In 6 years all the independence people had died. They were all elderly. At hat time I was not the person in charge of the building committee or I would never been in favor of that move.

That left us in the country away from the community. That proved not to be a smart move at all.

Galla Creek said...

I just wondered where it was and now I know. Thank you. Makes for a pretty long drive when you consider there and back.