Saturday, June 3, 2023

Saturday and Cleaning the Apartment

I slept restlessly last night and was up an hour earlier then usual. I have dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den now. I must have been too tired after Karan and I walked all over Sooner Park yesterday afternoon.

I am doing my laundry this morning  too. My week was all messed up after not going to visit Nancy on Monday as I usually do and meeting Sally after her work.

 It's just one of those things. I am such a routine driven person that it doesn't take much for me to feel kind of confused. I don't recall ever cleaning the apartment on Saturday before but that's what I am going to do today. I am also doing my laundry today.  In a little bit I will go check and see if either of the cats are out there for their breakfast. I will also check "the weather on the 8's" .

So. More Later ...

Well, there were no cats out there at all...not yet anyhow.

The weather channel did  come on though and I have the forecast for the week.

Mid morning Blondie came for his breakfast and I took the cat food out to him. Scruff did not show up.

Today is to be 83 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 90 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, .Wednesday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 85 degrees and  partly cloudy.

That's the week.  It looks like today has the only chance of rain...at least thus far. But this is Kansas and anything is possible.

I may take my walk now. It is 6:26AM. 

I did take my walk and got a half a grocery bag of trash again..not as much as usual but some.

I got all the floors mopped and  the laundry done and dried and put away. I am tumbling the throw rugs now on the fresh air setting. Soon I will start the vacuuming. I just need to rest a few minutes.

More Even Later...It's 7:30AM now and still no cats.

It's 8:04AM now and I have just finished the vacuuming and cleaned up the vacuum sweeper and am charging it now. I will dust later after I have rested. I have warmed up my Chai and am drinking it now while I rest.

I read most of the morning and then called Sally Love and met her at Joyce and Roger's and had a chocolate sundae. She had a root beer float. We visited until 3:00PM. 

The vacuum sweeper was fully charged and I put it away when I got home.

I haven't seen much of Scruff today at all. But when I got home from the market she was out front first by my front walk and later behind my hedge. She didn't eat anything. She is very ill and I will be surprised if she makes it another day or two. She is skin and bones and has not eaten anything all day today. She has been under my hedge all afternoon. I left the cat food out there. 

She has moved over behind Stephen's hedge now and I took her food over there by their front door just in case she is up to eating anything tonight or in the morning. She may be dead tomorrow if she can't eat tonight or tomorrow. Poor thing! She looks terrible!

No comments: