Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wednesday and a Hairdo Day

I slept a lot better last night. I did get up once in the night and take my meds and check on Scruff. It was raining and she was tucked into the corner of my overhang by the front door. She is still sick but I can't see where she is vomiting anymore and she did eat a little of that food I left out there for her. After the rain let up, she moved back behind the hedge. The damp ground there must feel good to her. She probably has a fever. I would not have been surprised t find her dead this morning but she is still hanging in there.

I don't see anything of Blondie but then it's still raining some. 

I have eaten my breakfast in the living room while I was waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. It finally did.

Today is to be 83 degrees and AM thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 84 degree sand scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy,  Monday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy and Tuesday is to be 85 degrees and Mostly sunny. So we're down to two days of rain in the next week. We can use all we can get. However the mowing is out today. It's soaking wet out there and will rain all day I imagine. 

I will drive over to Coffeyville for my hair appointment at 9:00AM this morning and then just come back home. There's nothing at the senior center until next Wednesday.  That's when we will have Bunco, weather permitting.

More Later...I want to check on Scruff again. 

It may be my imagination but I think she may be feeling better. She drank some of the water I had set out for her. She hasn't vomited this morning and she ate a little food too.

It's time for me to leave  for Coffeyville and my hair appointment. I will be back after that. No Bunco until next week.This is only the 31st.

More Later... 

I got my hair done and came back home afterward. I did stop at the bank and withdraw some money for the week. 

When I got home and read some more. Scruff was seemingly feeling better. At least she was not vomiting anymore and she did eat a little more cat food...not much. 

Later I went out to Sonic and ordered the child's Wacky Pack with two chicken strips and french fries and a coke. All that for $2.18. 

When I got home this time I found Leslie's friend mowing my yard. I took him out some water. I asked him if I owed him anything and he said he told Leslie he would mow for me and she said he would or she would beat him. I told him I knew exactly how he felt. :)

A little later he finished and left. I had taken the plastic yard bag out for him but he didn't use it. I put it away. 

Evidently him starting mowing scared Scruff away. She was gone when he finished. She had been outside my door almost all morning and then under my hedge for awhile. 

Blondie came about 4:20PM and I went in the garage to get him some food. He didn't eat though and left when I put the garage door down..

I intend to go see Nancy tomorrow. Friday is Sunfest in Bartlesville and I will see if Karan still wants to go with me. If Gretchen is still there, she may want to go too. I will check with Karan.

More Even Later

No comments: