Thursday, June 1, 2023

Thursday and a Trip to See Nancy

I slept well last night and was up only once in the night and then I took my meds. 

I was up at 5:00AM and made my bed and made myself ready for the day.  

Both cats were out there this morning and I took their food out to them but Blondie made a dash to come into the garage and I had to chase him out. Then they both ran away. I hope Scruff comes back to eat because I think she was doing better yesterday. I'd let Blondie to come eat too but I frightened him away trying t get him out of the garage. Scruff is very thin!!

I did catch the weather forecast though. Today is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy too, Saturday is to be 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny and Wednesday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy.  That's the week. Rain only on Saturday.

Maybe the cats will come back and eat if I take my walk and take one library book back to the book drop.  

I took my walk and dropped my first book into the book drop and picked up some trash but not a lot. It had rained and that made a difference in the amount of trash on the streets.

Both cats came back for their cat food but they were cautious about it. I had scared them off when I chased Blondie out of the garage.

About 9:30AM, I will leave to go see Nancy. It's only 8:39AM now so I have awhile.  

I left to go see Nancy at 9:30AM  and got there about 10:00AM. We visited a bit and I suggested we go out to lunch. She would rather have a milk shake so that is what we had. First I went to wash my car at Okie's and then we went next door to Brahms for a small milk shake. We drove around for a bit and then I took her back to her assisted living home. I had taken her some coffee cake and then picked up my book that she had finished reading.

I will read again myself now. I just started my second book. I will clean the apartment on Saturday this week. I usually do it on Thursday but today I went to visit Nancy. I don't have another plan for Saturday. It's 4:27PM now and I have been reading all afternoon.

More Later... 

I got the trimmer out and did all the trimming I could until the battery went down. I still have the back yard to trim but the battery has to be charged before I can do that. That will take awhile. The man that mowed for me yesterday was supposed to come back to trim but he never made it. When the battery charges, I will finish it....probably early tomorrow morning before Karan comes at 9:30AM.

He also wants to trim the west side tree. It's branches are hanging down in his way. He didn't cut the yard as short as I usually do either. But he used his own mower and I imagine he doesn't cut as short as I prefer.  Beggars can't be choosers. Leslie is paying for my mowing. That's a blessing in itself!

John and Leslie came and got me and took me to the softball game Cheyenne was playing in this evening. Afterward they brought me home and it was 9:30PM by that time. I took my bath and read until bedtime. In fact I may stay up until 10:30PM or 11;00Pm so I will be tired enough to sleep.

The charger was charged so tomorrow I plan to trim the back yard before Karan gets here tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow Karan will be coming about 9:30AM and we will go to Bartlesville to Sunfest at Sooner Park. She is driving. She wants to get here about 9:30AM to 10:00AM. Sunfest starts in Bartlesville from 10:00AM until 10:00PM.

No comments: